Finally, after 4 months of wait (monsoon started to wear off), I got to experience the night sky with my dob. The view was breathtaking. I would like to thank you all the CN members who have suggested this telescope. (https://www.cloudyni...irst-telescope/)
Due to lack of experience, I could observe only Moon, Jupiter, and Saturn. The sky is still a little bit hazy with clouds so I could not find any of the DSOs.
I have got few questions now:-
- When I watch Altair or Vena with my 30mm eyepiece, I see fine stricks of light coming out of them. Did I collimate my telescope wrong?
- I have a 2" 2X Barlow, I am able to use that with my 30mm, 12mm and 9 mm eyepiece to focus Moon and its look great. But when I try to use the same combo with Saturn, I fail to bring it into focus.
- What is the purpose of 35mm extender?
- What is the purpose of a fan at the base of my dob? I live in Purulia., India (23.34°N 86.36°E)
Climate:- https://en.wikipedia...istrict#Climate . Do I need to use the fan?
- What are easiest DSOs to watch(and find in a hazy sky) for an amateur with 8" Dob?
- What is the proper procedure to clean eyepieces?
- Could anybody help me to find the extent of light pollution in my area? And what are possible DSOs, which can be seen?
- While observations, I found that objects are not appearing in an inverted manner which I expected but the image is inverted plus rotated to an angle which is odd. What could be the possible reasons any suggestions?
Thanks and Regards
Edited by rahulm, 25 September 2017 - 09:59 AM.