•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stellarvue Access 125

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Martin

Jason Martin

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

Today is listed as the expected ship date for the SV125A on Stellarvue's website. I'd love to hear from anyone who gets a shipping notification and I'll update when I get mine. I have had the 80mm access since last fall and I've been eagerly awaiting the 125.

Clear Skies,

Jay
  • SteveG, Oriondk and Tyson M like this

#2 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

Still might be a few weeks as below the "Add to Cart" it reads:

"Expected ship date is 18th Oct 2017, The ship date has been extended a few weeks for the finishing touches of production. Thank you for your patience!"

#3 Jason Martin

Jason Martin

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

I think the expected ship date already takes the "few weeks delay" into account. If I recall correctly the prior expected ship date was September 29th.

#4 RLawson

RLawson

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Tennessee

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

I ordered one of these back in September. I called Stellarvue last week to check on the timing and was told we may still be a few weeks out. Apparently the shipment had not arrived yet. You may want to also give them a call and see what the current status is. If you get anymore info please post. I am getting anxious too.

• Tyson M likes this

#5 Jason Martin

Jason Martin

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

I just got off the phone with Alex. Apparently they are waiting on the tube rings. He said currently they expect to be shipping orders out within 6 to 8 days, Depending on where you are on the list.
  • Tyson M likes this

#6 RLawson

RLawson

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

Ordered mine on September 4th.

#7 Tyson M

Tyson M

Gemini

• Loc: 53 degrees North

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

I am anxious just to hear reports with it. Sounds like a phenomenal scope. Worthy successor to the 120ed in a way.

#8 rdrane

rdrane

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Today is listed as the expected ship date for the SV125A on Stellarvue's website. I'd love to hear from anyone who gets a shipping notification and I'll update when I get mine. I have had the 80mm access since last fall and I've been eagerly awaiting the 125.

Clear Skies,

Jay

The European varaint is not in stock at Altair Telescopes

https://stargazerslo...-fpl53-doublet/

but it shows it is in stock in link below. 

https://www.harrison...f.html#SID=1706

CS

#9 twkelley

twkelley

Vostok 1

• Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

I pre-ordered on September 26th and was told they had enough not spoken for that I would get one from the first run. On the 16th I was told it would be 10-12 days more until shipping.  Pretty much matches what Jason was told. However yesterday I was told in the next couple weeks.

They really sound like they are close. I think the explanation Jason got sounds reasonable, something is holding them up and tube rings make as much sense as anything.

TK

Edited by twkelley, 20 October 2017 - 10:40 PM.

#10 RLawson

RLawson

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

I just talked to the folks at Stellarvue. I wanted to change the type of finder I had ordered for the new scope. I then asked them when they would start shipping and they said the final assembly was taking place next week and they should start shipping then. I placed my order on September 4th and they said I was #6 on the list. So.......we are getting close.

#11 twkelley

twkelley

Vostok 1

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

I just talked to the folks at Stellarvue. I wanted to change the type of finder I had ordered for the new scope. I then asked them when they would start shipping and they said the final assembly was taking place next week and they should start shipping then. I placed my order on September 4th and they said I was #6 on the list. So.......we are getting close.

Thanks for the update!

I am a little disappointed with how long it's taking. In Minnesota, astronomy takes a big hit from November through February or so. Originally I had been hoping to view throughout a fairly nice October.  Now I'll get little chance to use the scope until next spring.

Yes, you can do astronomy in Minnesota winters, but sub-freezing/sub-zero viewing isn't as much fun as it sounds. Even the astronomy clubs shut down outside events through this time period.

Still very excited though!

TK

#12 RLawson

RLawson

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

I understand. I am 67 years old and I don’t tolerate the cold like I did when I was a young man. 

I also am a little disappointed it has taken this long. But, I am sure it will be worth the wait.  As soon as I receive a shipping confirmation I will update.

#13 cukleti

cukleti

Mariner 2

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

Being new to to refractors, I didn’t want to spend an obscene amount of money on my first one. I pulled the trigger on the

SV 102A. Can’t wait to try it :)

• Oriondk likes this

#14 Jason Martin

Jason Martin

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Being new to to refractors, I didn’t want to spend an obscene amount of money on my first one. I pulled the trigger on the

SV 102A. Can’t wait to try it smile.gif

I don't think you will be disappointed. I have owned an SV80A since late last year, and I recently acquired a gently used SV102ED. Both are excellent and convinced me to pre-order an SV125A! I think that should speak for how impressed I have been with the quality of product they put their name on.

Jay

Edited by Jason Martin, 24 October 2017 - 01:17 PM.

• cukleti, Lewis Cason, sjd and 1 other like this

#15 twkelley

twkelley

Vostok 1

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

Just finished paying the balance for my SV125 Access including the discounted diagonal, 60mm finder and rings. I'm number 7 in the queue and she believes it will ship by the end of next week so long as my Zygo test passes.

Cautiously excited! TK

• Lewis Cason likes this

#16 jay.i

jay.i

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

TK, you plan on bringing it to any star parties? I haven't seen any refractors locally that I wanted to try, but the SV125-A would be lovely to look through. I'll let you look through my SW120ED... grin.gif

#17 twkelley

twkelley

Vostok 1

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

TK, you plan on bringing it to any star parties? I haven't seen any refractors locally that I wanted to try, but the SV125-A would be lovely to look through. I'll let you look through my SW120ED... grin.gifJay

Jay that's my goal.  I plan on joining MAS now that I'll have something reasonably portable. I hope I can get it in time, and comfortable with it, for one of the last published star parties of the year.  Unless you know of non-MAS star parties in the area?

I'd love to look through a SW120ED, it was on my list for a while. Almost ordered an Equinox 120 from Europe then the announcement of the SV125 came out so I waited.

TK

Edited by twkelley, 25 October 2017 - 03:10 PM.

#18 RLawson

RLawson

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

TK, that is exciting. Hope all goes well and they are able to ship next week. 

#19 jay.i

jay.i

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

TK, you plan on bringing it to any star parties? I haven't seen any refractors locally that I wanted to try, but the SV125-A would be lovely to look through. I'll let you look through my SW120ED... grin.gifJay

Jay that's my goal.  I plan on joining MAS now that I'll have something reasonably portable. I hope I can get it in time, and comfortable with it, for one of the last published star parties of the year.  Unless you know of non-MAS star parties in the area?

I'd love to look through a SW120ED, it was on my list for a while. Almost ordered an Equinox 120 from Europe then the announcement of the SV125 came out so I waited.

TK

I don't know of anything other than the MAS, but it's a great bunch of people. A warm Saturday night star party in December would be nice! The forums are fairly active for star party coordination so if weather looks good, you'll find some people talking about meeting up at a particular site (usually CGO or ELO), at least in the summer. If weather isn't too bad at CGO I will make the trek out there with proper boots and winter coat, hat, gloves, the whole nine yards, at least a few times. The skies out there are as good as I can expect to get for a 90 minute drive, about Bortle 4/5.

I'll have my AT72EDII by the end of next month for sure, so we can compare that little guy too!

• twkelley likes this

#20 twkelley

twkelley

Vostok 1

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:55 PM

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll join up soon and get on the forums. It'll still be a couple weeks till I get it with shipping and all. Still waiting for the tracking on my mount, hope it comes in time.

TK

#21 twkelley

twkelley

Vostok 1

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

BTW - Stellarvue told me yesterday the 125 Access scopes are going through testing on Friday so they can ship next week.

TK

#22 RLawson

RLawson

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

I purchased the optional Interferometric test report on the telescope. I can’t wait to see what the numbers look like. We are indeed getting close.

#23 cukleti

cukleti

Mariner 2

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

My 102A shipped today!! That was faster than I thought. Apparently the 102’s are ready to go. The 125’s are shipping next week. 

• CounterWeight and twkelley like this

#24 Moe24

Moe24

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

I purchased the optional Interferometric test report on the telescope. I can’t wait to see what the numbers look like. We are indeed getting close.

Hello RLawson  received my Access 125 scope  a few months ago  . It was the first off assembly line the strehl ratio was computed at .973 . Love this scope you will to! 

!

• SteveG and CounterWeight like this

#25 RLawson

RLawson

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

Thanks Moe24. Can’t wait.

• Moe24 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics