•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bode Galaxy with my new QHY163M Last Night

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 downsja1

downsja1

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

Still experimenting with my new QHY163M camera...  I took this at about 3am last night when the Bode Galaxy was at about the same altitude in the sky as Polaris... about 33 deg for me... 

It was cooled down to -20 deg C, gain setting was 12, offset was set at 50... I took four 5 minute guided exposures for each L, R, G, and B filter.  I'm using the QHY5-IIL for my guide camera.  I was planning to let it image this all night but PhD2 kept losing track...  I'm having a hard time in that my telescope is an F/4.5 newtonian with coma around the edges... without a coma corrector the stars in my OAG all look like little comets so PhD2 has trouble tracking the comets it has to work with...  My next plan is adding a coma corrector... that and try a Hydrogen-alpha filter...  So far I really like the images I'm getting from my QHY camera though... This is way better than I was getting from my previous camera...

James

Attached Thumbnails

• BodeGalaxyDBEandColorBalancedCurvesHDR3SmallFile.jpg

• mikewayne3, telfish, rekokich and 5 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics