•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Saturn October 22

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sunspot

Sunspot

Cosmos

• topic starter
  • Loc: Surprise, AZ

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

Hi all,

I am getting very close to the end of my Saturn imaging this opposition. Seeing was decent, but the proximity of Saturn to my house is making it difficult to get decent images. I am planning to start on Mars this coming weekend.

http://www.sunspot51..._685nm_pmax.jpg

Paul M.

• kbev, exaxe and Planethunter80 like this

#2 kbev

kbev

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Far, far east Mesa

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

I understand completely Paul, I just got out tonight and got a few captures of Saturn before it sank behind my neighbor's roof.  I hadn't been giving much thought to Saturn since it is low in the southwest but tonight the seeing was good enough for me to give it a go, I may try again tomorrow if it's clear.  And at least you can try Mars, I have a bank of trees to the east so it will probably be late January before I have a chance for Mars.

• Sunspot likes this

#3 Planethunter80

Planethunter80

Ranger 4

• Loc: NC

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:54 PM

Hi all,

I am getting very close to the end of my Saturn imaging this opposition. Seeing was decent, but the proximity of Saturn to my house is making it difficult to get decent images. I am planning to start on Mars this coming weekend.

http://www.sunspot51..._685nm_pmax.jpg

Paul M.

I will most certainly miss your Saturn images. They have become a mainstay of my visits to the forum daily.

I can only imagine what Mars has in store.smile.gif 

• Sunspot likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics