•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO ASI294 MC pro

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#251 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Voyager 1

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:02 PM

Post #248 https://www.cloudyni...0#entry8931011 

The sensor's mounting side center region (no land pad for soldering), open for contact cooling is about 13mm x 12mm max.

While the active imaging area (sensor's front side) is 19mm x 12.9mm (no guarantee it is precisely center-aligned).

I think the active cooling with direct-contact is still feasible and very useful.

• calypsob likes this

#252 mvas

mvas

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Eastern Ohio

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:48 PM

This is from the Mali Cam website ...

"...

Since the back illuminated IMX294 class 1 CMOS sensor of the MallinCam DS10cTEC is cooled via convection, thermal shock to it and its associated circuitry is reduced. CMOS sensors have other components mounted on the same wafer with the imaging section which do not requires or can be adversely affected by cooling. This includes the digital logic circuitry (interface, timing, processing, output amplifiers, pad rings and associated oscillators), clocks and timing controls, analog signal processing, analog-to-digital converter (which when under cooling from direct cold finger and Peltier results in instability).  These parts of the CMOS sensor do not need to be direct cooled from a cold finger application.

MallinCam has successfully design a working alternative - a cooling chamber called refrigeration cooling - which subjects the CMOS sensor to cooling inside a triple sealed vacuumed sensor chamber controlled with a heating element mounted around the internal optical window to control and avoid dew formation on the optical window and surroundings. A vacuumed sealed chamber is used to eliminate the use of desiccant material and keep dew free environment permanently.

..."

https://www.mallinca...r-ds10ctec.html

Edited by mvas, 15 November 2018 - 01:56 PM.

• Merc likes this

#253 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Voyager 1

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:11 PM

@ mvas

Can you please move your post (currently #252) to DS10cTEC thread here:

https://www.cloudyni...10ctec-is-here/

It is not polite to discuss ZWO competitor's product in this ZWO thread.

It disturbs the flow as well.

Thanks!

(Sorry not playing mod's role but just a suggestion...)

Once you move, I'll ask mod delete my post.

ccs_hello

#254 Gary Z

Gary Z

Apollo

• Loc: New Mexico

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:45 PM

Hmmmm, it is unfortunate that some are having problems with this camera. I haven't had any problems processing the images from my ZWO ASI294MC Pro and I'm not doing anything special that I haven't been doing for the past 15 years. The only problem that I have had with the  ASI294MC Pro is that it works so well I'm having trouble finding the time to use my other cameras.

Curiouser and curiouser…

Glad to hear and hope you can assist me with this camera.  I'll image using Raw16 for fits and tif files but can't seem to properly dabayer so that I get a color image.  Everything is in black and white.  Now, I also have the ASI 224 camera and I have no such issues.  I really like the camera, but I'm going nuts trying to process color. 

Thanks,

Gary

#255 DanielF.

DanielF.

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

Good evening from Germany,

I'm currently searching a good astro cam as i'm getting limited by my hardware. 

I'm currently using a 600mm f4 setup which is really capable, but my PI skills are to limited. At least, that's what i thought. 

Now i was thinking either the asi183 or the asi294, either the color version. 

Now, i found this thread and the background color problems, which funny fact is the same problem i'm currently stuck at undecided.gif undecided.gif confused1.gif

My current setup is the Sony RX10m3, which is basically a uncooled Asi183 with a 220mm Zeiss lens and i get the exact same green/red colored background after processing it in PI and i can't get rid off it.

Are there any new insights in this problem?

Kind Records

Daniel

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics