•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

posidonius and another shot slightly improved seeing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: sebastian fl

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:51 AM

the seeing tonight was much better and i was borderline going all night but i have work tomorrow morning. i have some more avi but im done for the night. i shot these in grey scale not exactly top shelf i would expect from my scope but there ok. while processing in fitswork when i first used decon i noticed the image looked worse so i figured i would mess with the noise slider when i slid it to the left the image poped

jan7moonposidonous_AS_f5000_g5_ap27_2.jpg jan7clavius1_AS_f4000_g5_ap95_2.jpg

• Carol L, JMP, gitane71 and 9 others like this

#2 NiteGuy

NiteGuy

Viking 1

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:16 AM

You really need to fix all those cracks in the first image. Ha! Excellent work, incredible stuff.

• Carol L likes this

#3 happylimpet

happylimpet

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:14 AM

Hi ferret. Yeah if the noise slider is too far left yout get a noisey result, too far to the right and no benefit - maybe even blurrier! It varies image to image.

Great shot.

#4 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:13 AM

i slid the gain slider thn the rdius and hit calculate then the image looked worse or blurier im not sure why perhaps because i had at least 5000 frames ?. not sure but i slid noise to the right , the image did get blurry then i decided to try sliding to the left not to much noise at all but a much sharper image. i said it before on this forum and i will say it again. deconvolution is just like the wavelets in rs6 its easy to over do. thanks for the coments. i will have more tonight when I proces the rest of the data i colected. then i need to ditch the avi and tifs to make room for more. i need a new 1t storage for my files cant afford one yet

#5 happylimpet

happylimpet

Surveyor 1

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

then i need to ditch the avi and tifs to make room for more. i need a new 1t storage for my files cant afford one yet

Dont forget you can compress the files using (free) 7zip or the standard one with windows - i usually find moon AVIs compress well, maybe to 25% original size.

#6 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:46 AM

how do you do that? can you un compres them in the future? and do they get ruined in any way? here is the last image. I originaly wanted to get clavis and tycho but the terminator wasnt around so not to much shadowing thats how i came up with the botom image , seemed like more details in that part of the moon . not sure which craters these are but i liked the rough surface around the larger one

jan7moon1_AS_f3000_g5_ap44_2.jpg

• Carol L likes this

#7 2Barrel

2Barrel

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: New Jersey

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

Look great to me.
Good job.

#8 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Wexford, Ireland

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

That’s insanely good!!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

#9 happylimpet

happylimpet

Surveyor 1

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

how do you do that? can you un compres them in the future? and do they get ruined in any way? here is the last image. I originaly wanted to get clavis and tycho but the terminator wasnt around so not to much shadowing thats how i came up with the botom image , seemed like more details in that part of the moon . not sure which craters these are but i liked the rough surface around the larger one

attachicon.gifjan7moon1_AS_f3000_g5_ap44_2.jpg

That's my favourite so far!

If youve got 7zip installed (free as i say) you just right click on the file and select 'add to archive'. It takes an hour or so (or more) to zip big files. Then you delete the original. 

Then at a later date you just click on the .7z file, and select 'uncompress' and there it is!!!

It's lossless compression, so it makes a perfect copy of the original. No difference. I use it for all my data.

Edited by happylimpet, 07 December 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#10 Vedran

Vedran

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Croatia

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

attachicon.gifjan7moon1_AS_f3000_g5_ap44_2.jpg

Those are Hercules (smaller) and Atlas.

• happylimpet likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics