•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bresser EXOS-2 mount - Skywatcher Dual Drives?.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 morden8uk

morden8uk

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Southampton, England

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:40 AM

Hi All,

Can you fit Skywatcher Dual drives to a Bresser EXOS-2 mount?. I understand the EXOS-2 is a LXD75 / EQ5 clone?!!.. I'm just looking to see if my EQ5 dual drive set would work with this mount?.

Regards, Rob

https://www.telescop...ASABEgKtePD_BwE

#2 gs2offroad

gs2offroad

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

Hi All,

Can you fit Skywatcher Dual drives to a Bresser EXOS-2 mount?. I understand the EXOS-2 is a LXD75 / EQ5 clone?!!.. I'm just looking to see if my EQ5 dual drive set would work with this mount?.

Regards, Rob

https://www.telescop...ASABEgKtePD_BwE

From all I've read online the answer is yes but never know for certain until making the plunge.  APM telescopes in Germany lists the Skywatcher RA drive on Ebay for $117.58 but the shipping from overseas costs $32 so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

#3 morden8uk

morden8uk

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Southampton, England

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:58 AM

Its only because I have the Dual drives already and hoped they would retro fit directly :)

#4 gs2offroad

gs2offroad

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Florida

Posted Today, 01:04 PM

I finally went ahead and ordered a Skywatcher EQ5 drive from the UK.  Will take a few weeks to receive but will report back how it fits the EXOS-2.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics