•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Telescope adapter mount for Rigel Quikfinder to Orion Dovetail

3d printing
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceCase3k

SpaceCase3k

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Bay Area California

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:38 PM

Decided to print up a mount for my Rigel that just plug and plays directly on my Orion telescope mount. I did not see any other easy solutions out there so i thought I would share in case others needed it.

https://www.thingive...m/thing:2697450

• calypsob likes this

#2 ayryq

ayryq

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: SW Michigan

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

For those that don't have a 3d-printer, you can buy this from scopestuff

http://scopestuff.com/ss_rqf2.htm

• calypsob and Augustus like this

#3 SpaceCase3k

SpaceCase3k

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Bay Area California

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

I was looking for a solution out there and didnt see this one.  It looks like it is just the Orion dovetail foot with a riser base that allows you to attach one of the included Rigel bases.  This would have worked. The adapter for 60% of the Rigel itself seems a little tough on the wallet. Glad I printed this one up. Hope im not violating anything by doing so.

#4 ayryq

ayryq

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: SW Michigan

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

Yeah they're pricey! I doubt you're violating anything; you certainly didn't copy theirs and I doubt you're impacting their market.

I'm glad you shared it - thingiverse is getting a decent collection of Orion-dovetail compatible accessories - I've printed a double-finder adapter (works great) and a laser-pointer-holder (doesn't work very well at all).

• Augustus likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3d printing

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics