•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anybody Ever See A UFO?

observatory observing report observing
  • Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#401 t_image

t_image

Gemini

• -----

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:33 PM

Curious if anyone has seen "earthquake lights".  I had forgotten about these but they're similar to ball lightning and caused by geological activity producing electric fields near fault lines.

Also wonder if these have been positively identified in / near mountains since there seem to be a lot of nocturnal lights reported in / near mountains.  (IIRC there's a Civil War battleground on a mountain somewhere that has "ghost lights".)

The Brown Mountain LIghts of NC? or something else?:

https://brownmountai...r-soldiers.html

Also add to earthquake lights St.Elmos fire and other rare phenomenon like in the links at the bottom of the wiki:

https://en.wikipedia...St._Elmo's_fire

All theses phenomena are so spooky because so rare. I don't think science has a clue to much of this yet-hard to study, hard to simulate in a lab.....

• jcj380 and AJK 547 like this

#402 dalbaugh

dalbaugh

Explorer 1

• Loc: North Central Indiana

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:47 PM

One summer when I was young there was a UFO craze in our small town. Pics in the paper and all. That entire summer we saw these craft moving unlike any plane and silent. We were all used to seeing aircraft our town was in Air Force restricted air space.  We saw F 14's and A 10's daily.  We would actually take a bag of pop corn and go to the old dump to watch them. Turns out many decades later the Apaches were tested in this air space.  We wou

• t_image and gfstallin like this

#403 gwilson001

gwilson001

Sputnik

• Loc: Orange County, CA

Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:17 AM

I have a few thoughts on the existance of UFO's that I'll toss out since this is always interesting.

1. Governments cooperating with Aliens - unlikely because people can't keep a secret like that.

2. We just might be the most advanced life form in the galaxy and maybe beyond - We have not produced concrete proof of alien life such as detected radio signals etc.  If there were another civilization as advanced as we are they would also be generating tons of noise as we do.  We would easily detect an equally or more advanced civilization.

3. Reptillian aliens or very skinny delicate Greys would not be able to build highly technical spacecraft.  Reptillian's with 3 claw like fingers and no thumbs can't build much of anything and we all saw how fragile humanoid aliens are in Close Encounters... They moved real slow and looked like their fingers would snap off with any sort of load.  None of the alien creatures people claim to have seen are physically constructed to build structures or delicate electronics (unless they force all of the abducted people to do the work)

4. Lights on UFO's - why would any space craft need a bunch of colored lights that light in controlled patterns?  We don't put Christmas lights on our space craft.  Landing and observation lights are one thing but any other lighting serves no purpose and there's not enough space traffic for navigation lights.

5. If UFO's are real then they are likely explorers or recon missions and we should be frightened - the only reason to travel all the way here from any other place in the galaxy is for resources.  They would not be coming here because they want new friends, an invading army will soon follow.

Having said that, 40 years ago my father and I were out fishing about 10 miles west of the Coronado Islands off Mexico (which was not far from where the Nimitz pilots had their encounter).  It was about 3:00 AM and very dark but something either came up out of the water and hovered behind the boat or came down to the surface and hovered for a minute or so then we believe it went into the water.  It made no sound and had no lights and the shape was hard to distinguish.  We think it was fairly large but not huge and it shook us up pretty good until it was light out.  It might have been a submarine but we are pretty sure it was airborne.  We reported it to Mufon and they came out and talked to us but of course nothing ever came of it.  

• AJK 547 likes this

#404 AJK 547

AJK 547

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Chicago, Ill.

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:51 PM

I have a few thoughts on the existance of UFO's that I'll toss out since this is always interesting.

1. Governments cooperating with Aliens - unlikely because people can't keep a secret like that.

2. We just might be the most advanced life form in the galaxy and maybe beyond - We have not produced concrete proof of alien life such as detected radio signals etc.  If there were another civilization as advanced as we are they would also be generating tons of noise as we do.  We would easily detect an equally or more advanced civilization.

3. Reptillian aliens or very skinny delicate Greys would not be able to build highly technical spacecraft.  Reptillian's with 3 claw like fingers and no thumbs can't build much of anything and we all saw how fragile humanoid aliens are in Close Encounters... They moved real slow and looked like their fingers would snap off with any sort of load.  None of the alien creatures people claim to have seen are physically constructed to build structures or delicate electronics (unless they force all of the abducted people to do the work)

4. Lights on UFO's - why would any space craft need a bunch of colored lights that light in controlled patterns?  We don't put Christmas lights on our space craft.  Landing and observation lights are one thing but any other lighting serves no purpose and there's not enough space traffic for navigation lights.

5. If UFO's are real then they are likely explorers or recon missions and we should be frightened - the only reason to travel all the way here from any other place in the galaxy is for resources.  They would not be coming here because they want new friends, an invading army will soon follow.

Having said that, 40 years ago my father and I were out fishing about 10 miles west of the Coronado Islands off Mexico (which was not far from where the Nimitz pilots had their encounter).  It was about 3:00 AM and very dark but something either came up out of the water and hovered behind the boat or came down to the surface and hovered for a minute or so then we believe it went into the water.  It made no sound and had no lights and the shape was hard to distinguish.  We think it was fairly large but not huge and it shook us up pretty good until it was light out.  It might have been a submarine but we are pretty sure it was airborne.  We reported it to Mufon and they came out and talked to us but of course nothing ever came of it.  

gwilson001,  you make some very good points.  I would like to share some ‘thoughts’ on a couple of your points if I may.

If we assume the Human race is the most highly advanced ‘life’ form (in our galaxy) then for me we Humans are not the most technologically advanced or even spiritually advanced... but most certainly advanced with the myriad of ‘emotions’ we exhibit...  Love... Hate... Compassion... Murder... etc.  I think the emotional traits we possess are highly interesting to ‘alien’ cultures that may have had these traits early in their development, but lost the emotional ‘traits’ that define us as ‘Humans’.  AI, Hybrids, etc.  might not possess these traits of immense human capacities to compose a symphony... to paint a ‘Mona Lisa’ ... to simply appreciate a rose in all its beauty.

Not all UFO/UAP display ‘lights’, but as you mention some display ‘lights’ of varying colors.  I agree with you on this point, but would like to bring up the black triangular craft of the Rendlesham Forest Incident ( RFI (1980)).  I happen to be friends with one of the main ‘experienciers’... who actually ‘touched’ the UAP.  During the encounter, this security USAF individual noticed multi-colored ‘lights’ flowing in the actual fabric of the craft... not ‘lights’ that we are familiar with in any sense.  These ‘colors’ dissipated and dissolved into the black fabric of the craft.  These colored ‘lights’ that people see at times during a UAP encounter, might not be ‘lights’ at all, but ‘artifacts’ of immense electro-magnetic fields (electro-gravitics?) being generated by these craft.  I’ve included an image I took of the model he had re-created, that depicts the UAP he seen, touched, and had the ‘binary’ code download.  This individual couldn’t re-create the morphing prismatic lights he observed that was a part of the crafts structure.

With respect to communication, It would seem logical that an ‘advanced’ interstellar civilization would need to circumvent the limiting velocity of light (Radio Waves for ex.) to be ‘effective’ in communicating over vast interstellar distances.  The Alien ‘Consciousness’ just might have solved this problem eons ago with the Quantum Entanglement of  non-local ‘Thought’.  Hmmmm... just a thought!

IMHO, our Human civilization MUST become ‘interstellar’ in our ‘seeding’... before our sun dies out... before a life extinction event occurs on Earth.  Fascinating times we live in!

Peace.

Attached Thumbnails

• 4DAFE399-BD41-482A-B204-722AAE3FBF3F.jpeg

Edited by AJK 547, 11 November 2019 - 06:38 PM.

#405 gwilson001

gwilson001

Sputnik

• Loc: Orange County, CA

Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:19 AM

gwilson001,  you make some very good points.  I would like to share some ‘thoughts’ on a couple of your points if I may.

If we assume the Human race is the most highly advanced ‘life’ form (in our galaxy) then for me we Humans are not the most technologically advanced or even spiritually advanced... but most certainly advanced with the myriad of ‘emotions’ we exhibit...  Love... Hate... Compassion... Murder... etc.  I think the emotional traits we possess are highly interesting to ‘alien’ cultures that may have had these traits early in their development, but lost the emotional ‘traits’ that define us as ‘Humans’.  AI, Hybrids, etc.  might not possess these traits of immense human capacities to compose a symphony... to paint a ‘Mona Lisa’ ... to simply appreciate a rose in all its beauty.

Not all UFO/UAP display ‘lights’, but as you mention some display ‘lights’ of varying colors.  I agree with you on this point, but would like to bring up the black triangular craft of the Rendlesham Forest Incident ( RFI (1980)).  I happen to be friends with one of the main ‘experienciers’... who actually ‘touched’ the UAP.  During the encounter, this security USAF individual noticed multi-colored ‘lights’ flowing in the actual fabric of the craft... not ‘lights’ that we are familiar with in any sense.  These ‘colors’ dissipated and dissolved into the black fabric of the craft.  These colored ‘lights’ that people see at times during a UAP encounter, might not be ‘lights’ at all, but ‘artifacts’ of immense electro-magnetic fields (electro-gravitics?) being generated by these craft.  I’ve included an image I took of the model he had re-created, that depicts the UAP he seen, touched, and had the ‘binary’ code download.  This individual couldn’t re-create the morphing prismatic lights he observed that was a part of the crafts structure.

With respect to communication, It would seem logical that an ‘advanced’ interstellar civilization would need to circumvent the limiting velocity of light (Radio Waves for ex.) to be ‘effective’ in communicating over vast interstellar distances.  The Alien ‘Consciousness’ just might have solved this problem eons ago with the Quantum Entanglement of  non-local ‘Thought’.  Hmmmm... just a thought!

IMHO, our Human civilization MUST become ‘interstellar’ in our ‘seeding’... before our sun dies out... before a life extinction event occurs on Earth.  Fascinating times we live in!

Peace.

That is certainly an odd looking thing.  What did he make the model out of?  It looks pressure formed out of plastic maybe?  Nice model.

• Dave Mitsky likes this

#406 AJK 547

AJK 547

Messenger

• -----

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:21 AM

That is certainly an odd looking thing.  What did he make the model out of?  It looks pressure formed out of plastic maybe?  Nice model.

gwilson001, the model is made out of a plastic and took the model makers considerable time to recreate the UAP as accurately as observed.  The USAF airman mentioned that when he touched the UAP he said it felt like ‘glass’...  The ‘blue light’ you see eminating from the bottom of the UAP model was actually present under the craft when he was next to it.  He mentions that he could not see any landing gear.... only blue light that seemed to ‘support’ the craft.  I believe some call this type of light ‘solid light’...  kinda like the light that is depicted in the Stars Wars movies lightsabers.  Also, if you look closely at the attached image below, you can see a depiction of the ‘morphing’ lights that was a part of the UAP structure.

It’s important to note that after the binary code ‘download’, the UAP began to ‘glow’ brighter and brighter with an intense white light that engulfed the entire UAP.  Then it silently lifted off through the Rendlesham Forest trees and quickly departed without any sound.

I’ve included an image from the internet of the ‘glyphs’ the airman saw that was ‘etched’ into the surface of the craft.  It was when he touched the Triangle’ that a flash of white light completely filled his Consciousness.  A ‘string’ of ones and zeros (Binary code) was then downloaded to his brain.  Analysis of the binary code has been translated to the Lat / Long coordinates of 7 ancient historical sites here on Earth.  As you can imagine, this is one of the most highly documented ‘Contact’ events in history.

The attached image is the copyright property of the Rendlesham Forest Incident website...

Attached Thumbnails

• 35F67E29-FAD8-4388-8649-4020DA69C4F1.jpeg

Edited by AJK 547, 12 November 2019 - 09:35 AM.

#407 Heywood

Heywood

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:12 PM

2. We just might be the most advanced life form in the galaxy and maybe beyond - We have not produced concrete proof of alien life such as detected radio signals etc. If there were another civilization as advanced as we are they would also be generating tons of noise as we do. We would easily detect an equally or more advanced civilization.
3. Reptillian aliens or very skinny delicate Greys would not be able to build highly technical spacecraft. Reptillian's with 3 claw like fingers and no thumbs can't build much of anything and we all saw how fragile humanoid aliens are in Close Encounters... They moved real slow and looked like their fingers would snap off with any sort of load. None of the alien creatures people claim to have seen are physically constructed to build structures or delicate electronics (unless they force all of the abducted people to do the work)
4. Lights on UFO's - why would any space craft need a bunch of colored lights that light in controlled patterns? We don't put Christmas lights on our space craft. Landing and observation lights are one thing but any other lighting serves no purpose and there's not enough space traffic for navigation lights.
5. If UFO's are real then they are likely explorers or recon missions and we should be frightened - the only reason to travel all the way here from any other place in the galaxy is for resources. They would not be coming here because they want new friends, an invading army will soon follow.

Having said that, 40 years ago my father and I were out fishing about 10 miles west of the Coronado Islands off Mexico (which was not far from where the Nimitz pilots had their encounter). It was about 3:00 AM and very dark but something either came up out of the water and hovered behind the boat or came down to the surface and hovered for a minute or so then we believe it went into the water. It made no sound and had no lights and the shape was hard to distinguish. We think it was fairly large but not huge and it shook us up pretty good until it was light out. It might have been a submarine but we are pretty sure it was airborne. We reported it to Mufon and they came out and talked to us but of course nothing ever came of it.

You make some very good points.

My guess is that it might be difficult for us to detect another technical civilization even a few light years away, unless they were deliberately broadcasting in our direction.

Also, I think it might be difficult for us to fathom the motivations of other civilizations. Their motivation in visiting us might make no sense to us.

I have never seen a UFO, but I remain open minded. I think it likely that our understanding of physics, as advanced as it is, is still highly incomplete and that faster than light travel might be possible.  (Or maybe aliens can travel at near-light speed.)  I suspect, too, that people centuries from now will consider us fairly ignorant. That has always been the pattern so far!

Edited by Heywood, 13 November 2019 - 09:29 AM.

• SeaBee1, t_image, oldmanrick and 1 other like this

#408 t_image

t_image

Gemini

• -----

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:59 PM

gwilson001, the model is made out of a plastic and took the model makers considerable time to recreate the UAP as accurately as observed.  The USAF airman mentioned that when he touched the UAP he said it felt like ‘glass’...  The ‘blue light’ you see eminating from the bottom of the UAP model was actually present under the craft when he was next to it.  He mentions that he could not see any landing gear.... only blue light that seemed to ‘support’ the craft.  I believe some call this type of light ‘solid light’...  kinda like the light that is depicted in the Stars Wars movies lightsabers.  Also, if you look closely at the attached image below, you can see a depiction of the ‘morphing’ lights that was a part of the UAP structure.

It’s important to note that after the binary code ‘download’, the UAP began to ‘glow’ brighter and brighter with an intense white light that engulfed the entire UAP.  Then it silently lifted off through the Rendlesham Forest trees and quickly departed without any sound.

I’ve included an image from the internet of the ‘glyphs’ the airman saw that was ‘etched’ into the surface of the craft.  It was when he touched the Triangle’ that a flash of white light completely filled his Consciousness.  A ‘string’ of ones and zeros (Binary code) was then downloaded to his brain.  Analysis of the binary code has been translated to the Lat / Long coordinates of 7 ancient historical sites here on Earth.  As you can imagine, this is one of the most highly documented ‘Contact’ events in history.

The attached image is the copyright property of the Rendlesham Forest Incident website...

This was all interesting until the idea that a "downloaded binary code" translated to lat/long coordinates of 7 ancient historical sites.....

Sounds fun until one consider deeper into how translation works.

Kindof like the "Bible Code" fad that was just as spurious.

The problem is the idea is very fragile.

For things to work, every number and digit has to be precise and correct, no margin for error.

For example: how does one know on what digit to start.

Would make better sense like true SETI scientist hope that a message would be repeated and would have readily recognizable start markers......

Get the bit placement wrong and you end up with gibberish.

Does one assume the first digit recorded by the witness is the digit to start with? How does one know the bit depth?

A quick glance at some of the literature of supposed data from the event betrays the account has missing digits.

So how does one then immediately know to tie the re-construction to coordinates,

and those specific "ancient sites."

And reconstructions of ancient documents by experts all have the luxury of copies and familiar calibration sets to help the translation process.

And what makes Sedona Arizona for example a significant ancient site above other surrounding Navijo-Hopi that from any anthro/archeologist would know has far more value?

Of course a quick search of Sedona "vortex" reveals why such location is a chosen mark for the "translator" of the binary.

To me its a little too obvious as trying to appeal to a certain crowd to be convincing......

• Dave Mitsky, airbleeder and SeaBee1 like this

#409 AJK 547

AJK 547

Messenger

• -----

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:01 AM

This was all interesting until the idea that a "downloaded binary code" translated to lat/long coordinates of 7 ancient historical sites.....

Sounds fun until one consider deeper into how translation works.

Kindof like the "Bible Code" fad that was just as spurious.

The problem is the idea is very fragile.

For things to work, every number and digit has to be precise and correct, no margin for error.

For example: how does one know on what digit to start.

Would make better sense like true SETI scientist hope that a message would be repeated and would have readily recognizable start markers......

Get the bit placement wrong and you end up with gibberish.

Does one assume the first digit recorded by the witness is the digit to start with? How does one know the bit depth?

A quick glance at some of the literature of supposed data from the event betrays the account has missing digits.

So how does one then immediately know to tie the re-construction to coordinates,

and those specific "ancient sites."

And reconstructions of ancient documents by experts all have the luxury of copies and familiar calibration sets to help the translation process.

And what makes Sedona Arizona for example a significant ancient site above other surrounding Navijo-Hopi that from any anthro/archeologist would know has far more value?

Of course a quick search of Sedona "vortex" reveals why such location is a chosen mark for the "translator" of the binary.

To me its a little too obvious as trying to appeal to a certain crowd to be convincing......

Greetings t_image,

Let me comment if I may.  As you can imagine,  one of the critical ‘pieces’ of this documented encounter was the binary code download to the ‘Consciousness’ awareness of the USAF airman.  You are correct in assuming that binary has to be ‘precise’ and no margin for error...  beginning... ending... ‘word boundaries’ ...etc.  etc.  The precise nature of binary, to translate to ‘meaning’ based on the number system we choose, is critical... AS WE UNDERSTAND IT as it relates to computers.

I’ve spent a lifetime in the field of IT and am quite familiar with what you say.  The binary code also was most complexing to me when I first encountered the documentation to this event.  I decided to perform my own translation of the binary code using EBCDIC (hexadecimal)  since I’m most familiar with that number system.  What I found was if I directly translated ‘bit for bit’ the handwritten binary (paying close attention to word boundaries) then the result I got was 98% the results of other researchers who performed the exact same task.  HONEST...  

In close study of the code, I did find out where there were small ‘garbage bits’.  I could easily discern this and then looked closely where useable binary code started up again.  Actually, I was amazed at the amount of ‘stringed binary code’ that the airman was able to write down accurately during that download.   Basically, as I mentioned before, the code does give us the Lat/Long of 7 ancient historical sites.  I was simply happy my analysis was very similar to other researchers familiar with binary code.  I’ve attached an image of a page of the actual code the airman wrote down in a small black notebook.

*** Now this is where it gets interesting.  Without going into detail, I recently met an Opthamologist surgeon who replaces non-functioning human eyes ... with video cameras.  TRUE!  The procedure is complicated as you can imagine, and the bionic eye needs to have a valid optic nerve to function properly as a nueral pathway.  Now the ‘kicker’...

The entire functioning of this ‘bionic eye’ is predicated on the analogue (our visual world) to digital (Binary code) translation ... then the ‘bits’ are transmitted across a membrane to the optic nerve to send to the human brain ‘a string of data’ for interpretation into our visual reality...  sounds crazy... but true.  It seems our brain can translate bit info (based on some intrinsic system) into ‘useable data’.

This was MOST interesting to me.

BTW, my intentions are not to refute what you say... but ‘augment’ this fascinating encounter.

Peace.

Attached Thumbnails

• D4FB62BF-DE5A-4BF1-A133-0DBCD4BC5A4D.jpeg

Edited by AJK 547, 13 November 2019 - 03:16 PM.

• SeaBee1 and t_image like this

#410 AJK 547

AJK 547

Messenger

• -----

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

An additional piece of info I wanted to share is the ‘translation’ of the binary code to a readable alphanumeric.  I know most of this seems impossible...  but its fun to modify our human paradigms...

BTW, to this day, the USAF airman does not understand binary code.   

attached image (from internet) is the binary to alphanumerical translation.

Attached Thumbnails

• BB00368D-1A04-402B-B9A7-C4EEEADD28DF.jpeg

Edited by AJK 547, 13 November 2019 - 03:45 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: observatory, observing report, observing

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics