•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron Ultima 2000 8" SCT?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jakecru

jakecru

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Northern Nevada, USA

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

I was looking on facebook market place and I saw a Celestron Ultima 2000 8" SCT with case for about $270. The scope has no tripod, no dust cover, and the electronics never tested. Seller states Corrector plate and mirror are in good shape (no scratches). How are these scopes? Where could I find a tripod for one? I am more in need of eyepieces than the scope at the moment, but the price is very tempting if the optics are good and electronics work. The padded hard case is a bonus. I could use shower cap at dust cover. Can you buy dust covers for these anywhere? I would like a more portable grab and go setup. As of now i think im going to pass unless I get talked out of it. Ive been eyeballing the evolution 8 HD, but i would have to save up for it and $250 is better than $2000.

Edited by jakecru, 03 January 2018 - 04:29 PM.

#2 fender2547886

fender2547886

Sputnik

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

If I were you I would grab it.  If you are not interested please email me the link.

dan

• bbqediguana likes this

#3 fcathell

fcathell

Viking 1

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

Ha, ha!  Hot item!

#4 jakecru

jakecru

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Northern Nevada, USA

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

I went and checked it out, passed on the scope. The ota had a large dent, and battery slots severely corroded.Also didn't have finder brackets. I am sure it will work out for someone.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics