•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tripod for binoculars

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Viking 1

• Loc: North/West of Pittsburgh PA

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

The links in the PDF need updating. Pages not found.

for the first non-working one, just remove the /index.html

http://www.mirotek.com/

Not sure about the other one. 

#27 djgoody

djgoody

Sputnik

• Loc: Warwick, RI USA

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

I have my Celestron Skymaster 25x70 and my C5 both mounted on 2 regular Sunpack camera/video tripod's. Stability is fine for the binos and the scope as well but the the stock heads weren't that good so I replaced both. What a difference with nicer, stronger alloy video heads! Both tripods go up to 75". One is a "crank up" the other is a mono pod which can be pulled right out. You will need the extra height for the binoculars to look up high. I just sit back in a lawn chair and pull the whole tripod back onto me to look up using the tripods legs to stabilize it all for me.

Don't use that cheap plastic tripod mount that comes with the binoculars. The binoculars will wiggle/shake way too much. I just used an angle bracket I had hanging around here.

Works for me.....

• B l a k S t a r likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics