•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Beehive cluster GSO 6" RC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zxx

zxx

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

Had a chance tonight to try the new 6" RC.... I,m vary happy with this scope after getting it tuned .This is 8x4 min exposures ,iso 800  ,no FF or FR

mount    CGEM DXBeehive cluster~1.jpg

Edited by zxx, 10 January 2018 - 01:17 AM.

• mikewayne3, PeteM, darkstar3d and 5 others like this

#2 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Apollo

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:29 AM

Real nice image.  Was it hard to align?  Did you use the ZWO for imaging?

#3 zxx

zxx

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:35 AM

Real nice image.  Was it hard to align?  Did you use the ZWO for imaging?

Thanks ,Pentax k50 was used for the image , I found a site for a easy way to tune these up,my primary was out a tad and I had a lot of tilt between the focuser and the primary  ,easy fix with a laser ,also the primary was vary loose 

Edited by zxx, 10 January 2018 - 02:03 PM.

#4 proteus5

proteus5

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Southern New Jersey

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

Nice image!  Care to share the site for "easy way to tune" the scope? I have an at8rc thanks

#5 zxx

zxx

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:40 AM

Nice image!  Care to share the site for "easy way to tune" the scope? I have an at8rc thanks

www.hnsky.org/RC-collimation.htm       Note  ,when I removed the secondary I did not remove the 3 adjustment screws ,just backed them off a tad so the center screw would break free .This will keep the distance about  the same when you reinstall it .Also when rotating the focuser to align it with the primary I had the drawl tube to where my camera was in focus and had the tension adjustment screw fairly snug  ....

Remember ,once you rotate the focuser and have it lined up it needs to stay there ,you will need to rotate the camera instead 

Edited by zxx, 12 January 2018 - 12:49 PM.

• proteus5 likes this

#6 proteus5

proteus5

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Southern New Jersey

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

Thanks very much for the link and the tips!   Note The link should have an underscore instead of a dash after rc

http://www.hnsky.org...collimation.htm

Edited by proteus5, 13 January 2018 - 07:16 PM.

• zxx likes this

#7 jrsm

jrsm

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fraser Valley BC

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

I had to do some work on the focuser in mine.  The focus tube was canted in the focuser so if you rotated the focuser, the laser would form a circle on the wall in front of the scope.  Only after I added some more shims and screws on the focuser, I was then able to align the laser in the centre of the secondary.  After that the hnsky procedure works quite well.

• zxx likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics