•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Better than college

beginner
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Tony Flanders

Tony Flanders

Hubble

• Loc: Cambridge, MA, USA

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

That 27mm Panoptic is an incredible eyepiece. Dont give it up for wider field designs in the future. It's light weight makes it a keeper for smaller scopes. Great in larger scopes too.

Hmm, for what it's worth, my 27-mm Panoptic is the very heaviest eyepiece that I own; I would hate to own anything much heavier. But I agree that it's a keeper -- it really hits a sweet spot for me. Ideal wide-field magnification in my f/5 and f/5.4 scopes, beautiful image, near-perfect eye relief (for me). What's not to like?

#27 Tyson M

Tyson M

Surveyor 1

• Loc: 53 degrees North

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

I had a 35mm Pan and 31 nagler. While both eyepieces certainly has its place with certain scopes and certain targets, the 27 pan was better all around for various scopes and focusers and targets.

As always, my opinion is based on personal experiences and I'm sure others will disagree.

Edited by Tyson M, 14 January 2018 - 04:17 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beginner

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics