Had some nice clear skies last weekend over both nights, and managed to get 11 hrs worth of subs in total over the 2 nights, which is by far the best run i've ever had. So i decided to use the first few hrs (before the moon came up) to shoot M45. Then i switched to the Soul Nebula, which i still have to process, am hoping to get to that this weekend.
So this is 16 x 600s with the D5300a and the IDAS-D1 filter. I think my skies are about 20.5 SQM, so pretty good, but i still need to use the filter otherwise i can't expose for very long at all. I really wanted to shoot more subs, but the moon meant it simply wasn't possible. I probably should have excluded about 4 of the subs, perhaps even 6, due to them having a much brighter sky background, but to hell with it, i decided to let APP stack the lot, and when i compared it to a smaller stack i actually couldn't see any deficiencies. I'm really impressed with APP, the 'Quality' setting really does seem to do a very good job of maximising each sub.
So as always, i used 50 Bias, 30 Flats, and with aggressive dithering. Captured in SGP, stacked in APP, and processed in Photoshop.
This was my first RGB image in about a year. Man, i'd forgot just how hard OSC RGB imaging is when not captured at a dark site!
The processing really felt like a struggle on this one, so C&C welcome as always guys.
Edited by xiga, 11 January 2018 - 09:19 PM.