•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Details of a Wireless EAA Setup

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#251 dbassi48

dbassi48

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Trento, Italy

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:13 PM

Ulmish:

Can you provide a link to the Davide Bassi program ?

Hi,

you may find it in

https://drive.google...VGhCemIzbUxfcFU

#252 Ulmish

Ulmish

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: New Ulm, TX

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for posting the link to your app, dbassi48!  I found it be very useful, much better than typing in the date, time and location through the hand controller.

#253 BlueAstra

BlueAstra

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Manchester, UK

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:05 AM

I've finally managed to construct my mobile computer system on an Evolution based on the ideas described in this thread. The system comprises a NUC i5 computer, Maxoak K2 battery, TP-Link wireless N router, FCUSB focus control and a USB3 hub. At the moment this is configured to control my Altair 178M camera, Zwo mini filter wheel and Meade zero shift focusser on my Evolution 9.25. The system is controlled by MS remote desktop on my iPad Pro. The Evolution is powered by its internal battery and either the hand controller or second tablet.

IMG 2360
IMG 2371
IMG 2372
IMG 2373
IMG 2374
IMG 2376
IMG 2377

The kit is in two layers. The first layer holds all the kit except the battery, which is in the second layer. Its all held onto the Evolution with Velcro straps. I also made a small bracket to hold the hand controller. Thanks to all the contributors for the ideas. All I need now is some clear skies to try it!

Graham

• davidparks likes this

#254 Rac19

Rac19

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:28 AM

Graham,

It looks good. Can you tell me what the posts between the mounting plates are called, so that I can search for them.

I hsve had the NUC, MaxOak, FCUSB for some time and I am very happy with it, but I am using a variety of attachment methods and I woul like to unify it into one assembly.

Best regards,

RAC

#255 nic35

nic35

Viking 1

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:13 AM

Look for nylon spacers at your local hardware store or big box. They come in all sorts of lengths and diameters

J
  • Rac19 likes this

#256 Rac19

Rac19

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:33 PM

Look for nylon spacers at your local hardware store or big box. They come in all sorts of lengths and diameters

J

Thanks, now that I know what to type into the search engine, hobby shops have them too. Many have nylon threads rather than the brass inserts but I think that they will still do the job.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics