•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Extension Length of WO 2" Dura Bright RotoLock Mirror Diagonal for SCTs # D-DIG2D-ROTO-SCT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spongebob@55

spongebob@55

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Bergen Co. New Jersey

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

I have multiple OTAs that I currently use the Baader Clicklock with.   Now I have a Evolution and want the shortest distance from the back of the OTA to the base.   I've tried the large Baader Washer thingy, but its too much of a hassle when moving from one scope to another b/c of the dissambly.   

I have an old Televue 'Short' 2" visual back which is great, but can't find another b/c its no longer made.

I found this, https://agenaastro.c...sct-barrel.html, and it fits the Baader perfectly, but its just as long as the 'short' TV 2" VB and the regular diagonal set up/insertion.

Then I saw this https://agenaastro.c...agonal-sct.html which looks like it has a really short SCT barrel.   The TV 'short' is only 40mm long.

If someone has this, could they measure its barrel length?

Thanks very much.

Bob

#2 photoracer18

photoracer18

Apollo

• Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

Shortest VB for a large Celestron is the AP one, the one that is almost flush with the compression ring and 3 screws. Only works because the large backs of the regular C11-C14 and the Edge C9.25-C14 is large enough that a 2" diagonal nose piece can fit inside. Not sure about the Edge 9.25 because I understand the optics package is more towards the rear than the others. This is good to get extra in-focus for imaging but for regular use with a diagonal the WO is likely the shortest. I would have to see how short in millimeters the AP visual back is on my C11.

• spongebob@55 likes this

#3 spongebob@55

spongebob@55

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Bergen Co. New Jersey

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

If someone has the WO 2" Rotolock, could they measure its SCT barrel length?

Thanks.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics