•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What are you doing for the South American eclipse in 2020?

solar
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ed_turco

ed_turco

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Lincoln, RI

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

Some places have all the luck.  Chile and Argentina get another 18 months after the 2019 eclipse.  Its path is roughly 200 miles south of the 2019 path.  This time the duration of totality and solar altitude changing little across the continent, to the tune of 2 minutes and 12 seconds with the sun's height at 70 degrees, plus.

I'll try to go, but I have a feeling that my "times up!" time is rushing closer.  Being 72 makes a person feel this way.

ed

#2 vickiestar

vickiestar

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for this info. I will probably go to one site (country) or the other, and either in 2019 and/or 2020. Unlike the 2017 eclipse it appears that these paths of totality will be short compared to what we had (in the U.S). I suspect that any city in totality will be extremely crowded from visitors from all around the world. But one thing that I learned from the 2017 eclipse is that crowds are awesome during an eclipse. It's almost unbelievable to hear everyone screaming and yelling (after the 45 minute build-up of partiality) when totality hits. Experiencing this in a foreign country with tourists from all around the world has got to be more than awesome. I will surely be visiting this thread again, and more often as 2019 and again as 2010 approaches.smile.gif 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solar

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics