•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Ever seen one of these?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ccaissie

ccaissie

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Whitefield, Maine

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

Takes a Polaroid film pack, but film back looks removable , maybe holds another format...has some sort of image magnifier setting, 1.5 to 5x increase, shutter speeds from B to 1/125.

Whadisit?  PM me if you have any clue.

C

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2069.jpg

• VeraZwicky likes this

#2 marsbase

marsbase

Explorer 1

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

Yes,

I had a polaroid version of that. It was intended to use on microscopes. There should be a tube you use to look through into the microscope to focus. Then you remove the tube and place the camera on the microscope to take a photo.

I had gotten one years ago to try taking photos through my Sears refractor. I had a little success taking photos of the sun.

#3 TxStars

TxStars

Apollo

• Loc: Lost In Space

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:21 AM

The good news.

On some models the film back comes off and a viewing screen attaches so multiple people can see the screen. That part does work good for the Sun and Moon, on a large scope 12-14" you can see Jupiter but not in the detail you can with an eyepiece.

The bad.

If they did not pay you to take it or gave it to you for free you spent too much. lol

As Marsbase said they are made for microscopes that have a very bright light source.

If you manage to get a photo from a telescope with one you should buy a lotto ticket.

Even the fast film that was made for them was not very good at recording much more than the Moon or Jupiter, and the image was a bit grainy.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics