•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Looking for *-42 and FRP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GoFish

GoFish

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Kentucky/Colorado

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

Planning to do a little remedial work on a new-to-me XT10. I need a small piece of FRP wall board (24” square?) for azimuth and small strips of laminate for altitude. I still have some Teflon left over from my first Dob build. But sadly I used all of the Ebony Star in my supply. 

I can buy full sheets of FRP for a reasonable price at a big box, but it is way more than I need and will be a PITA to transport. 

So if someone has scraps of *-42 laminate and FRP, I would like to buy them from you. 

Thanks. 

#2 dave brock

dave brock

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Hamilton, New Zealand

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

Can't help with FRP but go to any company that makes laminate benchtops and you can buy scraps of laminate. If it's anything like the company I work for they'll give you some free. Unfortunately I'm too far from you to be worth sending you some.

Dave

Edited by dave brock, 10 February 2018 - 04:46 PM.

• Augustus likes this

#3 GoFish

GoFish

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Can't help with FRP but go to any company that makes laminate benchtops and you can buy scraps of laminate. If it's anything like the company I work for they'll give you some free. Unfortunately I'm too far from you to be worth sending you some.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I’ve had some success with that approach in the past. The difficulty is in locating pieces of laminate with the right texture in among the scraps!

#4 GoFish

GoFish

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:04 PM

Update:  I went ahead and bought a full sheet of FRP. After completing my project I expect to have several 2 ft square pieces available to offer to the next guy in this situation lol.gif

• Augustus likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics