•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Controling Cem60

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gardenfish

gardenfish

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Phoenix Az.

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:30 PM

I use Shoestring Astronomy Bluetooth and have also the usb cable to run the Atlas mount. Does any one know if they will they work with the Cem 60 also? I am running through SGPRO. 

Thanks Rick

#2 jpbutler

jpbutler

Viking 1

• Loc: Edison, NJ

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

I don't know anything about shoestring astronomy, but the cem60 has an rj11/12 phone plug type connector on the mount end and usb on the other for communicating with the pc.

The connector comes with the cem60.

john

#3 gardenfish

gardenfish

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

Does it run from mount to laptop without using the hand controller?  That would be awesome. I downloaded the manual but have not read it yet.

Edited by gardenfish, 09 February 2018 - 08:12 PM.

#4 Hondo

Hondo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: NB, Canada

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

Does it run from mount to laptop without using the hand controller?  That would be awesome. I downloaded the manual but have not read it yet.

Yes.  It comes with a serial-RJ9 connector but you will have to provide an USB to serial adapter, unless your computer has a serial port.

Edited by Hondo, 09 February 2018 - 09:39 PM.

• Real14 likes this

#5 jpbutler

jpbutler

Viking 1

• Loc: Edison, NJ

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

yesy and i was a  little bit wrong about the phone connector. it is a 4 wire rj9. a smaller phone jack connector than the 6 wire rj12.  

#6 gardenfish

gardenfish

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

Is there a way anyone is using BlueTooth device for the mount?  No Cables. 

If not does the cable have to run direct from mount to PC or can it go through the built in usb mount?

Going to order the mount in a few days when I finish my EC no EC see-saw. If there is a Blutooth  adapter I would like to order at same time or now.

Rick

#7 Hondo

Hondo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: NB, Canada

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

Is there a way anyone is using BlueTooth device for the mount?  No Cables. 

If not does the cable have to run direct from mount to PC or can it go through the built in usb mount?

Going to order the mount in a few days when I finish my EC no EC see-saw. If there is a Blutooth  adapter I would like to order at same time or now.

Rick

I can't help with the Blue Tooth question.  There is a separate port for the mount cable to connect to a PC.  The built in hub is for attaching imaging devices such as Imaging cam, FW, guide cam, auto focus, etc.  It is not powered but I use a powered USB hub to connect the whole shebang, works a treat.

• seitanfingers likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics