•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Looking for info on mounting old OTA to new mount...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KyleM.

KyleM.

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:29 AM

I just purchased a new celestron advanced vx Mount and I’m trying to put my old nexstar (original) 8 inch OTA on the new vx Mount...anybody help on which v series mounting bar I would need to make it happen would be appreciated. Very new to this hobby and I could use some help on which mounting bar would work for me..
Thanks
-kyle

#2 Jeff Struve

Jeff Struve

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: Iowa, USA

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

I would do Losmandy if your AVX has the upgraded dovetail receiver... you also need radius blocks I believe the radius blocks and dovetail can be purchased in a package for the scope

#3 rmollise

rmollise

ISS

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

I just purchased a new celestron advanced vx Mount and I’m trying to put my old nexstar (original) 8 inch OTA on the new vx Mount...anybody help on which v series mounting bar I would need to make it happen would be appreciated. Very new to this hobby and I could use some help on which mounting bar would work for me..
Thanks
-kyle

I suggest Losmandy and ADM. Either should be able to guide you to the dovetail and mounting hardware appropriate for your scope. However, anything designed for a C8 should be fine. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics