•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nebulosity LRGB Color Synthesis Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iflyrctoday

iflyrctoday

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: East Tennessee

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

I am attempting my 1st LRGB image processing in Nebulosity 4.  I reached a point that I can not figure out what or how to do next.

I have 100 each LRGB images Preprocessed, Normalized, and Aligned (Saved each frame) as instructed in Paragraph 13 of the help file.

When I select LRGB Color Synthesis tool (LRGB: Traditional HS) and attempt to apply my Red frame images, Nebulosity will only allow me to select one Red image.  (I assume the Green, Blue, and Luminance work the same way.)  If this is correct, then I will have to combine 4 images 100 different times to make 100 color images to be stacked in the next step.  This can't be right!

What am I missing?

I am slowing working my way through this process, but am stumped right now.  I sure there is an easy answer to this.  Can anyone help?

#2 rigel123

rigel123

Voyager 1

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

You need to stack (combine) all of your individual Red frames together first to make a master Red frame, and do the same for the other channels, and then use those files to construct your LRGB image.

#3 iflyrctoday

iflyrctoday

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:46 PM

Thank You

That makes Sense.  I will try it.

Karl

#4 iflyrctoday

iflyrctoday

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:53 PM

Thanks again RIGEL123

I have now created my 1st LRGB image.   It's not very good, but I did it with you help.

Each time I do one, I get a little better.  Image attached.

Thanks for the help

Karl

Attached Thumbnails

• 2018-02-13 Streached M42, ZWO, Sec 1, Gain 50, Off 200, -20-2.jpg

#5 rigel123

rigel123

Voyager 1

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:57 AM

Glad that worked for you, nice job as you can see the Trapezium nicely in your image and the colors came out nicely too.  As you continue your journey you will want to explore some programs that give you a bit more control over processing but you have a good start.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics