•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EdgeHD 800 reducer - any feedback on the recent batch?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Henry from NZ

Henry from NZ

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:11 AM

Thinking about buying an EdgeHD 800 reducer but a bit put off by reports of poor performance which popped up in the last couple of years. This appeared to coincide with a period when the reducer was in short supply - and one wonder whether there was manufacturing problem. However it seems stock for the reducer has recently been replenished, and I am just wondering if there is any newer user feedback on these reducers? Are they performing as they should for you, if you have bought one in the last 2-3 months?

Thanks

#2 Astrojedi

Astrojedi

Gemini

• Loc: SoCal

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

What kind of issues? Do you have a link to the discussions?

I have owned a couple of these reducers in the last couple of years. No issues. Built like a rock and very high quality. But performance is very sensitive to spacing especially when using larger sensors.

#3 Henry from NZ

Henry from NZ

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:16 PM

I don’t have the links, but problem has been reported previously by Thirteen and Footbag, just couple of names I can remember on top of my head.

#4 Luna-tic

Luna-tic

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Foothills North Carolina

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

I got mine in December after a 4 month wait; I've used it a couple of time visually, haven't noted any issues. Focus, clarity and color rendition are as good as without it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics