•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 2170 ZWO ASI-294 second light

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 andysea

andysea

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:49 AM

Last night I was able to collect three hours of data on this object. I'm still learning how to use this camera but so far I really like it.
36x300s + 10x10s for the stars. Gain 120. For this image I used the Vixen R200ss with the Vixen corrector PH. I'm still chasing down the annoying reflections on the bright stars. I'm making some tweaks to the mirror cell that I hope will solve the issue.

I think that CN's algorithm messes up the color a little bit. Here is the link to the Flickr image. It's reduced but I think it looks a bit better than on here. https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

I hope you enjoy it and feel free to critique!

Attached Thumbnails

• NGC 2170.jpg

Edited by andysea, 14 February 2018 - 03:57 AM.

• mikefulb, Joe F Gafford, mega256 and 12 others like this

#2 Helheimr

Helheimr

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:13 AM

Sorry about the silly question, i have this camera but i haven't had the chance to try it, you use the autoguider connected to the camera or to the mount? I'm kinda lost...

#3 gunny01

gunny01

Viking 1

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

Last night I was able to collect three hours of data on this object. I'm still learning how to use this camera but so far I really like it.
36x300s + 10x10s for the stars. Gain 120. For this image I used the Vixen R200ss with the Vixen corrector PH. I'm still chasing down the annoying reflections on the bright stars. I'm making some tweaks to the mirror cell that I hope will solve the issue.

I think that CN's algorithm messes up the color a little bit. Here is the link to the Flickr image. It's reduced but I think it looks a bit better than on here. https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

I hope you enjoy it and feel free to critique!

I agree with the colors being messed up on CN.  I quit and just post the link to flickr. 

Amazing what can be achieved with these cameras.

#4 GamesForOne

GamesForOne

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Knoxville, TN

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

Very nice for a single-shot color camera.

---

Michael Mc

#5 andysea

andysea

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

Sorry about the silly question, i have this camera but i haven't had the chance to try it, you use the autoguider connected to the camera or to the mount? I'm kinda lost...

I connected the auto guider to the computer but I don't think that it makes any difference. You can connect it to the camera and that will eliminate one USB cable going to the computer.

For auto guiding I use pulse guide so there is only the USB cable that connects to the auto guider. If you use ST-4 then the ST-4 cable will go from the auto guider to the mount.

#6 calypsob

calypsob

Gemini

• Loc: Roanoke, Virginia

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Excellent Andi, ive been hoping to see more of your data. Did you get a chance to test with the 135 as well? Awesome job!

#7 andysea

andysea

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

Thanks Wes. I need to reprocess this data as I have some hot pixels and I forgot to use cosmetic correction!

I didn't get a chance to put it on the 135mm yet. I could do it tonight but sitting at my desk with a glass of red isn't curing my laziness and a 2 hour drive right now looks very unlikely :)

• rockstarbill likes this

#8 Dan Crowson

Dan Crowson

Apollo

• Moderators
  • Loc: O'Fallon, MO

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

Andy,

really nice.

Dan

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics