•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 2170 ZWO ASI-294 second light

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 andysea

andysea

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:49 AM

Last night I was able to collect three hours of data on this object. I'm still learning how to use this camera but so far I really like it.
36x300s + 10x10s for the stars. Gain 120. For this image I used the Vixen R200ss with the Vixen corrector PH. I'm still chasing down the annoying reflections on the bright stars. I'm making some tweaks to the mirror cell that I hope will solve the issue.

I think that CN's algorithm messes up the color a little bit. Here is the link to the Flickr image. It's reduced but I think it looks a bit better than on here. https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

I hope you enjoy it and feel free to critique!

Attached Thumbnails

• NGC 2170.jpg

Edited by andysea, 14 February 2018 - 03:57 AM.

• mikefulb, Joe F Gafford, mega256 and 14 others like this

#2 Helheimr

Helheimr

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:13 AM

Sorry about the silly question, i have this camera but i haven't had the chance to try it, you use the autoguider connected to the camera or to the mount? I'm kinda lost...

#3 gunny01

gunny01

Apollo

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

Last night I was able to collect three hours of data on this object. I'm still learning how to use this camera but so far I really like it.
36x300s + 10x10s for the stars. Gain 120. For this image I used the Vixen R200ss with the Vixen corrector PH. I'm still chasing down the annoying reflections on the bright stars. I'm making some tweaks to the mirror cell that I hope will solve the issue.

I think that CN's algorithm messes up the color a little bit. Here is the link to the Flickr image. It's reduced but I think it looks a bit better than on here. https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

I hope you enjoy it and feel free to critique!

I agree with the colors being messed up on CN.  I quit and just post the link to flickr. 

Amazing what can be achieved with these cameras.

#4 GamesForOne

GamesForOne

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Knoxville, TN

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

Very nice for a single-shot color camera.

---

Michael Mc

#5 andysea

andysea

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

Sorry about the silly question, i have this camera but i haven't had the chance to try it, you use the autoguider connected to the camera or to the mount? I'm kinda lost...

I connected the auto guider to the computer but I don't think that it makes any difference. You can connect it to the camera and that will eliminate one USB cable going to the computer.

For auto guiding I use pulse guide so there is only the USB cable that connects to the auto guider. If you use ST-4 then the ST-4 cable will go from the auto guider to the mount.

#6 calypsob

calypsob

Skylab

• Loc: Roanoke, Virginia

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Excellent Andi, ive been hoping to see more of your data. Did you get a chance to test with the 135 as well? Awesome job!

#7 andysea

andysea

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

Thanks Wes. I need to reprocess this data as I have some hot pixels and I forgot to use cosmetic correction!

I didn't get a chance to put it on the 135mm yet. I could do it tonight but sitting at my desk with a glass of red isn't curing my laziness and a 2 hour drive right now looks very unlikely :)

• rockstarbill likes this

#8 Dan Crowson

Dan Crowson

Surveyor 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: O'Fallon, MO

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

Andy,

really nice.

Dan

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics