•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Another go at Shaprcap live, still no joy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 skydivephil

skydivephil

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

I had another go at trying live video stacking using Sharpcap live. 

But as far as i can see there is no increase in detail seen after the first frame.
Any ideas as to what is going wrong?
https://vimeo.com/256486394

the video is of the whirlpool galaxy taken in light pollutes skies. you should see 19  *30 second frames being stacked . 

Im using a celestron evolution 8 inch with hyperstar and a zwo 1600 colour camera. 

Edited by skydivephil, 19 February 2018 - 04:41 PM.

#2 barbarosa

barbarosa

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: 130miles W of Yosemite

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

The link returns an error page.

• skydivephil likes this

#3 skydivephil

skydivephil

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

The link returns an error page.

Sorry should be fixed now 

#4 Robrj

Robrj

Apollo

• Loc: Escondido, CA

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

It looks like your black point is too far to the right.  It should be just before the large peak.

• Relativist, DSO_Viewer and skydivephil like this

#5 nic35

nic35

Viking 1

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:33 PM

It looks like your black point is too far to the right.  It should be just before the large peak.

+1 on this. 

Take a look at the last several pages of Astrojedi's unofficial quick start guide - https://www.cloudyni...al#entry8399976 post #46 for the link.  These pages  show where the black and white sliders are positioned for various objects.   

If you happened to have saved a 32 bit FITS image of your stack, you should be able to open it play with a FITS compatible program to adjust  the levels to pull out the details.  I think this works because the 32 bit stack is a raw dump of the camera's data, and not what you are seeing on the screen. I think.

j

Edited by nic35, 19 February 2018 - 06:40 PM.

• skydivephil likes this

#6 skydivephil

skydivephil

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:35 AM

+1 on this. 

Take a look at the last several pages of Astrojedi's unofficial quick start guide - https://www.cloudyni...al#entry8399976 post #46 for the link.  These pages  show where the black and white sliders are positioned for various objects.   

If you happened to have saved a 32 bit FITS image of your stack, you should be able to open it play with a FITS compatible program to adjust  the levels to pull out the details.  I think this works because the 32 bit stack is a raw dump of the camera's data, and not what you are seeing on the screen. I think.

j

Thanks Ill take a look and see what happens next time we have a clear sky 

#7 Relativist

Relativist

Cosmos

• Moderators
  • Loc: OC, CA, USA

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:35 AM

I agree, you were clipping the image severely.

BTW live the video, we need more of those, what did you use to make it?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics