•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

IC410, start

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ken_nneth

Ken_nneth

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Western Norway

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:36 AM

get.jpg?insecure

Started collecting subs on the Tadpoles, these are the first subs, 40 of each Ha, OIII and SII. Tried using a new color pallet, R: SII+50%Ha, G: OIII and B:OIII+40%Ha. Still working on my processing, but just had to post the first subs I have collected, weather is bad so I had to find something to do. I need to learn how to use star mask to reduce star sizes in addition to all the rest.
I would like some feedback to keep me on the right track, it’s to easy to get sidelined and end up way out in the woods.

• mikewayne3, FiremanDan, aneeg and 3 others like this

#2 gunny01

gunny01

Apollo

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

Why not try using SHO palette in PI or PS?  You may find the colors more pleasing.  An older script in PI will allow you to combine the masters to see what you like.  I think it is called SHO script.

• Ken_nneth likes this

#3 FiremanDan

FiremanDan

Aurora

• -----
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

I like those colors! Very cool. 

• Ken_nneth likes this

#4 Ken_nneth

Ken_nneth

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:40 AM

get.jpg?insecure

Tried with a SHO palette, at least it started as SHO. I might have over done it a bit.

#5 gunny01

gunny01

Apollo

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:57 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things.  Just thought you might enjoy experimenting with the sho palette.  NB gives you a lot of possibilities and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  

PI/ps can be rather difficult to master, if that is even possible.  You are well on your way.....Gunny 

• Ken_nneth likes this

#6 Ken_nneth

Ken_nneth

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:11 AM

Thanks Gunny

Don't worry not even my wife can tell me how to do things, she tries but... I took it as a suggestion and wanted to try. And thanks for the info on the SHO script I did not know that existed..

#7 RDBeck

RDBeck

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Katy, TX USA

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

I tried the SHO-AIP script on one image from rockstarbill (Pelican Nebula?).  I process images and let my wife opine on A/B comparisons (she has a good eye).  In that instance, she felt my PixelMath SHO was better than the script.

To paraphrase gunn01 (and others), there is a lot of space for artistic license with narrowband.  You really only have to please yourself.

• Ken_nneth likes this

#8 Ken_nneth

Ken_nneth

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

get.jpg?insecure

Added more data and reprocessed. Again, started out with SHO palette but this time decided to go a with a little lighter color. Now I have about 10-11 hours of data, last set was taken with some wind so a lot had to be deleted and maybe the stars could be a little effected. Please comment, need all the feedback I can get.
Ha - 90 x 120s + 30 x 180s, OIII - 90 x 120s + 30 x 180x, SII - 90 x 120s + 20 x 180

• mikewayne3 and bmhjr like this

#9 gunny01

gunny01

Apollo

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:33 PM

I actually liked the second one better, but the stars are a little elongated and that can be corrected.  I also think that some noise reduction is needed.  Maybe use masked mlt or tgvdn in pi.  After that, try sat. or  curves transf.  Just my 2cents and I'm such more experienced imagers will chime in.  if you have lightroom, there is a lot that can be done in tiff format.

Your tads look good and take into account that this is not an easy target.  Lots of noise.

#10 wargrafix

wargrafix

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Trinidad

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:55 PM

Love the first one! Great work

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics