•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SSmith in the Reflector

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Ardent

The Ardent

Soyuz

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

Just saw the article, congrats!!

#2 Berny

Berny

Mariner 2

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

????????

#3 ssmith

ssmith

Messenger

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

Thanks Ray -

i still haven't received my copy of the Reflector and the issue hasn’t been posted on the Astronomical Leagues web-site so I am anxious to see it in print. I hope the readership finds the article informative.

Edited by ssmith, 10 March 2018 - 09:48 AM.

#4 ssmith

ssmith

Messenger

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:59 PM

I finally received a link to the on-line version of the "Reflector", the quarterly publication of the Astronomical League.  The article I wrote "Chasing 61 Cygni "describes how to follow and measure the movement of the high proper motion double star 61 Cygni also known as Piazzi's Flying Star.

I want to thank Steve McGauhey (aka MauiGazer here on the forum) and Cindy Krach, both of the Maui Astronomy Group, who put me in touch with the Astronomical League when they heard they were looking for an article regarding 61 Cygni.

I am pretty happy with the results but must point out that the editors cropped many of the screen shots a bit too-much in order to fit them into the narrow 3-column format and cut out some of the menu items and data output which I describe in the text.  I will be happy to answer questions regarding the software used (ALADIN Sky Atlas) or clarify the procedures used if any of you have questions.

#5 Marco Prunotto

Marco Prunotto

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Delemont, Switzerland

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:36 AM

Hi Steve,

can you send me the article in pdf?

back to astronomy after a long period of absence.

looking forward reading your article

M

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics