•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Noise Ninja

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Frank P

Frank P

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

I've gotten to the point where I want to really clean up my images and watched Tony Hallas do so with Noise Ninja.  When I attempted to download it, saw what appears to be a lot of third party downloads and an alternate reference to a product called Photo Ninja.  Is this product an enhancement to Noise Ninja?  If I only want to use Noise Ninja, is there a SAFE way to download it - can you provide me with a hot link.  Thanks

Frank P

• starbob1 likes this

#2 Marco1968

Marco1968

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

Greetings Frank,

I do use since a long time the Noise Ninja plugin for Photoshop.

Photo Ninja is a newer product, made by the same developers of Noise Ninja, with added functionalities.

Although no longer supported by the developers, older versions of Noise Ninja are still made available in the Photo Ninja product website, just look for Noise Ninja legacy download links and look for one that you may install.

I had a quick look and they seem provided free of charge so try will not hurt the pocket  ;-)

I have tested Photo Ninja (and also other noise reduction software along the way of learning astro image processing) but found that I liked more the final results from the older Noise Ninja plugin... in my opinion with the default settings it leaves a more 'natural' appearance to the processed images.

Of course you can tweak several functions to match your taste.

Hope this helps,

Marco

#3 Nikonuser

Nikonuser

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: wales, GB

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:26 PM

As a professional photographer I use this, the FREE version

https://noiseware-co...om/?ex=REG-60.1

#4 Traveler

Traveler

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: The Netherlands

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

As a noise reducer, I use with good results DFine. It can be used as a PS PlugIn and/or stand alone app. It is part of the Free Nik Collection from Google:

https://www.google.c.../nikcollection/

#5 Frank P

Frank P

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

thanks to all who took the time to respond to my query - Frank P

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics