•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ScopeTronix 18mm EP Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Duncan

Tom Duncan

Viking 1

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Chico, CA

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

Recently got this 18mm ScopeTronix EP, came with an extra rubber ring that I understand is part of the system but I'm curious about its exact application. 

I know this and the other focal lengths of this EP were designed with eyelens bezels that unscrewed to reveal 28mm threads so one could directly attach it to some models of Nikon CoolPix digital cameras, like the old 900 series. 

And I've seen mention of the second rubber ring as used for adapting the EP to other cameras but I'd like to know how that works. 

Thanks

Tom Duncan 

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_3143T.jpg
  • DSC_3144T.jpg
  • DSC_3145T.jpg

#2 E Sully

E Sully

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: New York

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Does this link help?

http://www.stargazin...couplingep.html

#3 Tom Duncan

Tom Duncan

Viking 1

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

Actually no, as mentioned I was aware of the 28mm threads that screw into the filter threads of old Nikon digital cameras. 

What I want to know is how the secondary rubber ring is used to "...attach to other cameras". 

Tom 

#4 Tom Duncan

Tom Duncan

Viking 1

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

Well I've partially answered my own question, found the bolt case for this amongst the other stuff I got in this buy and it has a little tag with even littler type on it that reads: 

"When used with an intermediate adapter install the rubber spacer over the threads. Failure to follow these instructions could cause the lens to contact the eyepiece!".

I say 'partially' because I'm having a hard time imagining the scenario they're describing, so still not clear to me. 

Tom 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics