•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter 14MAR2018 - better than my last attempt

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kbev

kbev

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Far, far east Mesa

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

Here in southern Arizona we've been dealing with clouds the past few nights, a variation of the "Pineapple Express" (not to be confused with the movie) which drags moisture from the tropics near Hawaii up and over the U.S.  But along about 2am this morning I went out and noticed that the clouds were clearing so I decided I'd pull the cover off the scope and plug the fans in, then check at 4am to see how the skies were.  As luck would have it they were mostly clear, a very high thin band was moving ENE but I figured I had dealt with worse this season.  After checking collimation I started capturing what would end up being three RGB sets which were processed and combined in Winjupos.  I took the best of the individual sets and combined the channels to get a decent Ganymede (although the color is more like Io) and combined it with the WJ image in the appropriate position.

Not the best I've done but given the circumstances I'll take it.

jupiter_14mar2018.png

• cyberplocos, brstars, John Boudreau and 6 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics