•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Eyepiece advice

eyepieces
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Peter Besenbruch

Peter Besenbruch

Cosmos

• Loc: Oahu

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

Just a bit of extra information. The Starguider ES (Agena Astro's house brand), Paradigm (Astronomics' house brand) and more generically and BST Explorer, BST Planetary ED, TS ED, and Olivon ED. There are probably other names out there. I don't see any Australian dealers carrying them. All I see are the Saxon ED, which may be similar internally, or not. From what other posters say on these boards, many Aussies order from European and Asian dealers, as well.

#27 Starman1

Starman1

Vendor (EyepiecesEtc.com)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

Starguider ED, BST Dual ED, Astrotech Paradigm, Omegon Flatfield ED, and Telescope Service ED are all the same 60° eyepiece

Olivon HD 58, BST 58, Knight Owl Planetary Hi-Res, Omegon Cronus, SkyWatcher Planetary, and Telescope Service Planetary HR are

all the same 58° eyepiece.

The Saxon ED looks different, has different focal lengths, and is likely different than either of the above.  I have no clue what it is.

It also looks like there are two versions of the eyepiece, one with a roll-up eyecup, the other with a flip-up rubber eyecup.

#28 Peter Besenbruch

Peter Besenbruch

Cosmos

• Loc: Oahu

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:11 AM

The Saxon ED looks different, has different focal lengths, and is likely different than either of the above.  I have no clue what it is.

It also looks like there are two versions of the eyepiece, one with a roll-up eyecup, the other with a flip-up rubber eyecup.

I guessed it looked like the discontinued Orion Epic 1 EDs.

#29 Messyone

Messyone

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:33 AM

Join Ice in space, the local Oz forum and buy used, which is where I bought all my Panoptics.

I just bought three Starguiders 12 8  and 5....really good eyepieces from IIS forum for $180 Oz bucks posted.

Baader Morpheus are worth buying from the US until the sale ends on May 10th....cheaper than Oz dealers sadly, including shipping.

Matt

• Allan Wade likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eyepieces

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics