•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Post Pics of your Tasco 7TE series scope

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76 Cometron

Cometron

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:20 PM

That CD looks like the one on my Sears 6339a. Hmm, maybe it will fit on my 7TE-2.

#77 Cometron

Cometron

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:21 PM

What's a cd, telescopically, please?

#78 DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Vanguard

• Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:06 AM

Clock Drive

#79 Senex Bibax

Senex Bibax

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ottawa, ON

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:53 PM

Looking at these, it's obvious how many of the Japanese scopes of this vintage must have been made by the same manufacturer, and "badge engineered" for different vendors. There are many similarities between the Tasco 7TEs in these pictures and the Polaroscope 60x910 I picked up a week ago. Apart from the telescopes themselves, my mount is the same as the black EQ mount that many of the Tascos are shown with - with the two clamping levers, the pass-through clamshell and the counterweight with the cone-shaped ends. Only difference is that my mount is painted grey to match the focuser on my scope. The wooden box for mine looks identical to several of the ones here, and the tripod and accessories drinks tray is the same. Some details are different, though - my objective is Yamatar, not RAO, and the focuser is marked C.O.C, which I understand is Carton?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics