•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A Box From Amazon

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Jawaid I. Abbasi

Jawaid I. Abbasi

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: LEVITTOWN, PA

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

Jon,

Happy Birthday to you of yours 70th. Those gifts that are given to you are priceless because, it showed how much they cared about you.

Having a binocular from your Dad then you is indeed a precious instrument Like I had a wrist watch from my Father when I matriculated and that watch was given to my father when he finished his high school !!!!!

• Jon Isaacs likes this

#27 JeffMartin

JeffMartin

Lift Off

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:00 AM

Yes, a great gift that real bino.  Having scrolled through a lot of equipment, there are some worth hanging onto for the sentimental value.  It's great to be reunited with something like your dad's binoculars.  When I started accumulating equipment, my wife (a neat freak) convinced me to give the Jason 313 my dad gave me when I was 11 to Goodwill.  I did.  Ultimately, regretting giving away dad's best gift ever, I bought a used one off craigslist.  More beat up, but it serves the purpose as memento.  I do have my dad's transit, which was probably the first "scope" I put my eye to and probably started my interest in this wonderful hobby.  My next "scope" was a telescoping pirate spyglass and then the Jason 313.  I actually used the transit last summer to stake out a basketball deck.  I'll always hang on to it.  Hopefully, my son will hang on to it and pass it on.

• Jon Isaacs likes this

#28 Exnihilo

Exnihilo

Apollo

• Loc: Tempe, AZ

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

Those look great, and well taken care of!  I'm sure you'll enjoy . ., .

• Jon Isaacs likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics