•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M1 Crab Nebula (Surreal Painting )

art
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SolidAhmed

SolidAhmed

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Kuwait

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

Hello all,

Another day, another painting. 

The progress of this list is slower than I would like it to be, but it is moving. 

M1 Crab Nebula By Ahmad Alromeadheen 1200.jpg

So far, I am done with M45 and M5. I am not sure what is next.

Let me add a story to go a long with this post:

I had a very difficult time finding this celestial object from my binocular. I did see it under an eleven inch aperture Schmidt Cassegrain telescope at a star party in Mt. Pines at Frazier Park in California in summer 2007.

Thank you for reading.

-Ahmad

• desertstars, George N, turtle86 and 2 others like this

#2 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:57 PM

Very nice rendition! And indeed interesting that Messier's #1 non-comet turns out to be a Supernova Remnant, with the distinguishable, spinning ball of Neutrons. Right in the middle are two close stars. The dimmer one IS that neutron star. It ~blinks~ 30 times a second. I have seen it with a 29-inch telescope and will be trying a 36 soon. It's a rather dim dot, but just knowing what it is makes the view exciting.  Tom

• SolidAhmed likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics