•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Henize 2-10 dwarf galaxy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Raul Leon

Raul Leon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tampa Florida

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

Henize 2-10 is a dwarf galaxy in Pyxis; magnitude:11.9 ; size:25" ; Discovered by E.E.Barnard and once believed to be a planetary nebula.This object was misidentified due to the galaxy's strong emission lines, a feature common in planetary nebulae. It is small, fairly bright and slightly elongated, it really does look like a planetary nebula in the eyepiece. It brightens toward the center, and is mottled throughout the disc.Seen easily even in low power; I observed a faint twinkle of light towards the center, that I believe to be an HII region,but am not sure it could have also been a very faint star. For my sketch I used 352x magnification and a 4.5 Delos eyepiece with my 14.5 Starstructure Dob

Attached Thumbnails

• Scan0684.jpg

• niteskystargazer, Susan H, jeremiah2229 and 3 others like this

#2 Randolph Jay

Randolph Jay

Surveyor 1

• Loc: South Huntington, NY, USA

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

This wonderful and all new information for me. Thank you Raul!
Regards,
Randolph

#3 niteskystargazer

niteskystargazer

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: 41-43'-28" N 87-42'-39" W

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

Raul,

Very nice sketch of Henize 2-10 Dwarf Galaxy smile.gif .

CS,KLU,

thanx.gif ,

Tom

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics