•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New DBA Standards for Certifieds!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dale Penkala

Dale Penkala

Vendor - Astro Pens

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:46 AM

Hello everyone!
DBA has been the leader in the upgraded import dob market now for well over a year now. We have been working on some new and exicting upgrades and I'm pleased to announce them here!

1st, is our new Mirror Cell Mod! We go in an completely rework this mirror cell! We use larger bolts with a rosset knob for ease of collimation. We also use heavy duty springs for a more positive movement when collimating. They also help to hold collimation better. This will be done on the 10" and 12" Certified scopes only.

2nd, Any of our Certified scopes now give the option of straight thru or RA finders! We have been asked about this option and I have heard you so I set out to give it to you!

3rd, Is we are currently working on a NEW 10" f/5 astrograph! This is still in the prototype stage and is about ready to go in the field very soon! I won't say much right now about it just to let you know that it is coming!

DBA is comitted to bringing the amature community the highest quality products and the most reasonable prices along with a Certified line of scopes that provide premium views at about half the cost of a premium scope!

Keep an eye on our website for some new and very interesting products in the next couple of months! CN will be informed so that they can report how these new products perform in the field.

I look forward to serving the amature community!

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• 914241-Cell-Mod-320.jpg

#2 Dale Penkala

Dale Penkala

Vendor - Astro Pens

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:47 AM

Here is the RA Finder Option!

Attached Thumbnails

• 914244-RA-Option-320.jpg

#3 Tom Lowe

Tom Lowe

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:46 PM

Those Certifieds just keep getting better and better Dale! The RA Finder option is just one of a long line of improvements IMO. Glad you are hearing us.

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:01 PM

Nice new options Dale, you might want to think about the GSO 2 speed focuser as another mod.

#5 Dale Penkala

Dale Penkala

Vendor - Astro Pens

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

Those Certifieds just keep getting better and better Dale! The RA Finder option is just one of a long line of improvements IMO. Glad you are hearing us.

Hello Tom
Glad you like the new Mods! You guy keep them coming and I'll do what I can to keep you all happy!

Thanks!

#6 Dale Penkala

Dale Penkala

Vendor - Astro Pens

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:09 PM

Nice new options Dale, you might want to think about the GSO 2 speed focuser as another mod.

Hello Dragonrider

Already Done!!!

I have 30 more 10" DSO's on order and shipping the end of this month or early next month and will have this new focuser on them as standard equipment!!! The RA will also be a choice to the customer when the new scopes are purchased. Price will go up to cover the cost but in the end I believe this package will be the best one on the market in the US and Canada!!!

Thanks!

#7 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:25 PM

Once old Uncle Sam is taken care of, i see a 12" certified scope in my future. It should compliment my 8"SCT, and my 70mm refractor nicely. Have you given ant thought to a curved spider as an option?

#8 Dale Penkala

Dale Penkala

Vendor - Astro Pens

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:49 PM

Once old Uncle Sam is taken care of, i see a 12" certified scope in my future. It should compliment my 8"SCT, and my 70mm refractor nicely. Have you given ant thought to a curved spider as an option?

Hello Dragonrider
I currently have one destiny spider in stock for each size but unfortonaly it will/would be an expensive upgrade. Especailly the 12" with the spider being over a 100.00 alone. But there is always that possiblity. That is why I'm keeping them in stock for the person that really wants it.

Thanks!

#9 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:12 PM

You've given me, and I'm sure a few others here some food for thought. I've pretty much figured out how I'd like the scope configured, now it is a matter of fitting it in the budget. Will probably a few months down the road, but I want to make sure there is a little reserve for extra goodies, and any unseen circumstances.

#10 Dale Penkala

Dale Penkala

Vendor - Astro Pens

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:36 PM

Hello Dragonrider

That is what I'm tring to do is give the customer pleanty of different options for these scopes. It sounds like I'm succeding with the options. I listen to my customers to see what is important to them. And of course things I would like to see implimented too!

Thanks!

#11 Relativist

Relativist

Cosmos

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:47 AM

Nice work on the mirror cell! Something you might consider adding is a baffel around the fan. They improve airflow dramatically.

#12 ForgottenMObject

ForgottenMObject

Soyuz

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:08 AM

Very nice looking cell, Dale!

Good idea on the right-angle finder upgrade, too. It seems most people just store the straight-thru finders and replace with a right-angle one anyway.

#13 Joe Bruessow

Joe Bruessow

Ranger 4

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:25 AM

Great improvements Dale... as always! Can't wait to get another DBA scope...

Heck... the 12" Hardin I got from you now needs all of your improvements added to it so it can compete with the lastest DSO offerings.

Keep it up!

#14 Jason B

Jason B

Proud father of 5!!

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:38 PM

Joe finally made it over to CN! Welcome aboard!
JB

#15 Dale Penkala

Dale Penkala

Vendor - Astro Pens

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

Nice work on the mirror cell! Something you might consider adding is a baffel around the fan. They improve airflow dramatically.

Hello Curtis
Thanks! This is something that I have been playing around with and even coming up with an upgrade kit for people to buy but the problem is the actual collimation thumb screw is a very *Word deleted by the CN gnaughties gnomes* size! 7mm. I searched all over the internet all the contacts I have and nothing available short of having them made. So that is why I'm now just doing it on my certified scopes because I can do the work here myself and not worry about someone drilling and taping there holes out and end up with a mess somewhere down the line.

But if people still want it then I may need to reconsider the kit I guess.

Thanks!

#16 Dale Penkala

Dale Penkala

Vendor - Astro Pens

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:54 PM

Very nice looking cell, Dale!

Good idea on the right-angle finder upgrade, too. It seems most people just store the straight-thru finders and replace with a right-angle one anyway.

Thanks Matt!
Well I figured I better give that option and it will probably become an option at somepoint with the standard DSO's too.

Thanks!

#17 Dale Penkala

Dale Penkala

Vendor - Astro Pens

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

Great improvements Dale... as always! Can't wait to get another DBA scope...

Heck... the 12" Hardin I got from you now needs all of your improvements added to it so it can compete with the lastest DSO offerings.

Keep it up!

Thanks Joe!

I'll do my best to keep things here rolling for the amature community!

Thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics