•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ALCON 2019 at KSC July 25-29, 2019

star party
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Napp

Napp

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Florida, USA

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

I just saw an announcement on Facebook that ALCON 2019 will be at Kennedy Space Center next year.  There will be a 50th Anniversary celebration of Apollo 11.

https://www.facebook...?type=3

Edited by Napp, 21 April 2018 - 10:19 PM.

• ShaulaB likes this

#2 Knasal

Knasal

Apollo

• Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:19 PM

Very cool! Watching a thread on KSC in another forum, and some of my family is going down this year after other relatives went last year.

I’m going to ALCON 2018 and looks like I’ll be booking 2019 as well. Thanks for the post.

Kevin

#3 Wordserf

Wordserf

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:34 PM

I'm told there will also be a dark sky type cruise to the Bahamas involved.  I've not been to any ALCONs before, but I think they're usually held in a single hotel with some short trips to observatories and the like, but if this is being held AT KSC, that would be interesting. Perhaps accommodations will be at a nearby hotel or two with the events taking place at the space center itself (it does have the facilities for it) and the cruise as an add on. I'm excited to hear the details. I love the space center and I definitely want to go to this convention.

#4 pathfinder027

pathfinder027

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

ALCon (Astronomical League Conference) 2019 will be held at Kennedy Space Center, to include a 3-day "Southern Skies Cruise" to the Bahamas, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the first Moon Landing by Apollo 11.

The dates are July 25-29, 2019.

There will be a tour of the Kennedy Space Center, then a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas on a Royal Caribbean ship.  It is an opportunity to see the southern Milky Way and all of Scorpius.

More details can be found here: https://alcon2019.astroleague.org/

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: star party

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics