•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Camera for Amscope M160C

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xvariablestarx

xvariablestarx

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Limerick, Ireland

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

I have an Amscope M160C series microscope, it works well, but I would like to capture images using it. I see a  2 mega-pixel imaging camera on Amazon from Celestron, would it work with my microscope?

http://a.co/4YLrWWC

#2 Jon_Doh

Jon_Doh

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Just South of Pluto

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:15 AM

It should work provided it fits.  Check the diameter of the camera and your ocular to make sure they're compatible.

#3 xvariablestarx

xvariablestarx

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:21 PM

I did a little experiment, I turned the ISO number of my phone's camera to 40, and focus to infinity, and took some movies of me trying to get the specimen in the video. I then selected the best frame I could see. First specimen is pollen grains, the next is a fly leg. I don't think the images are that bad, not National Geographic standard by any means, but I am happy enough with them.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2018-04-23 21.36.46-1.jpg
  • scene00053.jpg

#4 xvariablestarx

xvariablestarx

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

I actually wonder what I can capture using the same ISO number and focus type at the eyepiece of my telescope, but that is off topic. Edit, actually it seems it can in theory, but it needs a higher ISO number.

Edited by xvariablestarx, 23 April 2018 - 11:58 PM.

#5 Jon_Doh

Jon_Doh

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Just South of Pluto

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

Those aren't bad at all.  And yes you can do this with your telescope, with the difference being you'll get better images if you can stack them.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics