•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NexImage Install on Windows 10

accessories Celestron classic equipment imaging
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dynan

Dynan

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: NOLA

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

(Note: This information comes from the Knowledge Base at Celestron.com. It is reposted here for ease of location. Thanks to Justin Fuller for locating and linking this procedure.)

How do I install NexImage #93712 capture software and drivers on Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems?
April 14, 2010

Your original NexImage #93712 camera will work with Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit and Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, (and now Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit - my addition) operating systems. Here’s how to install the necessary drivers and software.

These instructions are specifically for Windows 7. However, Windows Vista 64-bit is very similar; it just takes a different driver (as detailed below) and Vista has more permission boxes pop up. In this procedure, always press “Allow” or “Continue” when asked by Windows to do so.

Note: Please read these instructions thoroughly before installing the drivers and software. The appearance of your screens may differ from those seen here, but should be very similar.

The easiest way to install the driver for the NexImage camera is by downloading it from the Internet, then installing the downloaded driver instead of using the driver (Windows XP) on the CD. Since the NexImage camera is based on the PhilipsToUCam, a Philips Windows 7 driver will allow the camera to be used with either Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems. First, insert the NexImage CD into the PC’s CD drive to install the image capture software. You will see a DVD/CD message window offer “Run Menu.exe” as a choice. Click this choice.

NexImage1.jpg

Next you will see the NexImage CD menu:

NexImage2.jpg

Click on “Install Capture Software.” Just follow the instructions, clicking “Yes”, “Continue”, “Next” until the installation is finished. Exit the NexImage menu by clicking on “Exit.”

NexImage3.jpg

The desktop will display the AmCap shortcut icon. Remove the CD from the drive.

NexImage4.jpg

Next, go to the Philips website to download the SPC900NC/00 camera application:

http://download.p4c...._00_dw7_eng.exe

For Vista 64-bit, use this link and file:

http://download.p4c...._00_dwv_eng.exe

(NOTE: Some computer firewall settings and Internet Explorer settings may not allow downloads of these .exe or executable files. To avoid these issues, instead go to these files in the Celestron downloads archives.

Windows 7 32 and 64-bit:
http://downloads.cel..._00_dw7_eng.zip

Vista 32 and 64-bit:
http://downloads.cel..._00_dwv_eng.zip

They are zipped or compressed files. First, choose the one you want, either Vista or Windows 7. Click on the link. Then you'll be asked to choose "Save" to save the file to your desktop. Finally, you’ll need to click on the folder you saved to your computer’s desktop and then click on the file inside to run the driver installation program).

In the screen (dialog box) that opens, choose  “Save” and save the file to your desktop.

NexImage5.jpg

NexImage6.jpg

Start the drivers installation by clicking the file icon on your desktop.

In Vista, one of the permission boxes will pop up, “An unidentified program wants to access your computer. Press “Allow.”

NexImage7.jpg

Just follow the instructions, including restarting your computer.

NexImage8.jpg

Once the PC has restarted, plug in the NexImage. A balloon will appear saying, “Drivers installing” then, “Device driver software was not successfully installed.”

Click on Start – Computer – System Properties – Device Manager.

NexImage9.jpg

NexImage10.jpg

In Vista, it will ask for permission to continue. Give permission to continue.

A list of devices connected to your computer will appear. Look under “Other devices.” You’ll see  “Unknown device” with a yellow alert symbol.

NexImage11.jpg

Right-click on the “Unknown device” entry.

NexImage12.jpg

Select “Update Driver Software.” Now you will tell Windows 7 just where to find the drivers.

NexImage13.jpg

Click on “Browse my computer for driver software.”

NexImage14.jpg

Then click on “Pick from a List”, then Next.

NexImage15.jpg

The driver is under Sound, video and game controllers. Highlight it and click Next.

NexImage16.jpg

Find and select Philips CE CSI on the left list and Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera on the right list. Click Next.

Another warning message comes up. Click Yes.

NexImage17.jpg

The drivers will be installed.

NexImage18.jpg

Finally a window will come up confirming that the drivers for the Philips Camera are installed on your PC. Click Close.

NexImage19.jpg

Device Manager will now show the camera under Sound, video and game controllers.

NexImage20.jpg

Close the Device Manager window,

Open AMCap by either clicking on the desktop shortcut or going to the Start menu.

NexImage21.jpg

AMCap should show images from the camera (even without any optics attached, waving it around will show varying colors and intensity of images in AMCap).  Under Options, make sure preview is selected.

NexImage22.jpg

If it does not show an image or displays “No capture device present”, unplug the camera, close AMCap and reboot.

After your PC is running again, plug in the camera and open AMCap (the computer may display “Installing device driver software” in a briefly displayed balloon at lower right of your screen). AMCap will now display output from NexImage.

Updated 12/27/13 by Celestron

(My addition: This was successfully on 05/02/2018 by following these EXACT instructions on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit operating system.)

• accessjunky likes this

#2 DrAstro

DrAstro

Explorer 1

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

hi,

i have a NexImage camera but don't have the NexImage software CD.

Would you be willing to clone a copy for me? Celestron no longer has the CD available.

regards,

DrAstro

• ceb1670 likes this

#3 Noah4x4

Noah4x4

Aurora

• Loc: Colchester UK

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:33 PM

hi,

Would you be willing to clone a copy for me? Celestron no longer has the CD available.

regards,

DrAstro

Have you tried to download the Drivers and I-Cap 2.4 from https://www.celestro...rs-and-software.

Regiistax is available from https://www.astronom...e.be/registax/ 

Edited by Noah4x4, 05 October 2018 - 04:36 PM.

#4 Dynan

Dynan

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: NOLA

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

hi,

regards,

DrAstro

I don't have the CD. I got it all from the links in the original thread. If you have trouble, PM me and maybe I can help.

#5 accessjunky

accessjunky

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

Brilliant!

Thank you so much for this.

I've periodically tried to install the camera on Windows 8 onwards to Windows 10 but never found the solution until this time round when your post came up in the results.

I haven't even used the Neximage yet and it was obsolete until now.

Now to learn how to use it!

Thanks again.

accessjunky

#6 berniez

berniez

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:50 PM

(Note: This information comes from the Knowledge Base at Celestron.com. It is reposted here for ease of location. Thanks to Justin Fuller for locating and linking this procedure.)

How do I install NexImage #93712 capture software and drivers on Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems?
April 14, 2010

Do your instructions apply to Neximage 10 or only the 93712

#7 Hildo79

Hildo79

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 31 May 2020 - 06:16 PM

I just thought I would update as Windows 10 takes a little more work.

1) Download and run the driver "install" spc900nc_00_dw7_aen.exe. You can get it from the Phillips website but here is the a link https://www.philips....el-plus/support

2) Once the install is complete, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Philips\Philips SPC900NC PC Camera\vista64 right click on camdrv42.sys and select Copy

3) Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and paste ( drag and drop will work as well )

4) Restart (This is important)

5) On the windows tool bar in "Type here to search" type in Device Manager and click on the program in the results

6) In Device Manager Under "Other Devices"right click The Unknown device (there should only be one) and select "Update Driver"

7) Click "Browse my computer for driver software"

8) Click "Let me pick from a list"....

9) Double Click "Show all devices"

10) Under The Manufacturer window, scroll down to "Philips CE CSI"

11) In the Model window select "Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera"

12) Click "Next"

13) On the Driver Update Warning window, Click yes

14) enjoy!

• MikeBY likes this

#8 shiltonpig

shiltonpig

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:29 AM

Massive thank you to all those that have posted step by step guides on this, it has been a MASSIVE help.

#9 Cliff Hipsher

Cliff Hipsher

Apollo

• Loc: North Chesterfield, VA

Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:56 AM

I just ran across this.  Brilliant!

I am in the process of giving a friend a small telescope that I no longer use. My old NexImage camera will make a very nice addition.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, Celestron, classic, equipment, imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics