•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Post your Pixinsight Processing Flow!

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 H-Alfa

H-Alfa

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Spain

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:06 AM

Thank you Chris for the update.

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX1 mediante Tapatalk

#102 basskep

basskep

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:45 AM

Just an update on status: Due to multiple requests, this latest update is taking WAY longer than I thought. I have been having to learn how to do new things in MSWord to add figure captions, TOC, and indexes and the same time as a complete and careful refresh of the all the sections as well as adding additions screen captures from sections that I had not addressed and some completely new sections. The flow is now up to 215 pages and growing with all these new features. I hope it is worth it. I have about 60% of the re-write done, but I still have to add the TOC and complete the index. I have already spent about 10 full evenings on this and it will probably be about another couple of weeks of work. The weather has been cloudy so no new data collection, but I have data sets unprocessed. Anyway I will keep you all posted.

Thanks a lot for your work !

If you need some help for TOC and index tell me I could help you if needed :-)

#103 starhunter50

starhunter50

Viking 1

• Loc: Tilbury,Ontario 42N , 82W

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

Chris? where can we donate? do you have a Paypal link?

Astrodude...

• basskep likes this

#104 basskep

basskep

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:18 AM

Astrodude...

Yes it should be a nice idea for all the great work done here Chris !

• starhunter50 likes this

#105 cfosterstars

cfosterstars

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, Texas

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:38 PM

Astrodude...

Yes it should be a nice idea for all the great work done here Chris !

THanks, I am touched. But no payment is necessary. I do this for my own fun and benefit as well as the general community. However, this is actually becoming a real book! I never expected it to become one. Right now I have over 200 screen captures and growing! It is just taking time and I have a day job. This is just a hobby. You know you have a problem when you hobby becomes a job. I dont really want that. 

I only ask that you give me credit if you learn something that I helped with and that you let others know where they can go for the same help. Spread the word. :)

• kukulin, deepanshu29 and basskep like this

#106 starhunter50

starhunter50

Viking 1

• Loc: Tilbury,Ontario 42N , 82W

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

Consider it done  !!   :-)

#107 H-Alfa

H-Alfa

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:39 PM

"I only ask that you give me credit if you learn something that I helped with and that you let others know where they can go for the same help. Spread the word. "

For sure!

And... What about putting this in a site like Hoffmann or Blurb? Then one user could order his own print.

#108 basskep

basskep

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:27 PM

THanks, I am touched. But no payment is necessary. I do this for my own fun and benefit as well as the general community. However, this is actually becoming a real book! I never expected it to become one. Right now I have over 200 screen captures and growing! It is just taking time and I have a day job. This is just a hobby. You know you have a problem when you hobby becomes a job. I dont really want that. 

I only ask that you give me credit if you learn something that I helped with and that you let others know where they can go for the same help. Spread the word. smile.gif

I sent you a pm if you need help you're welcome waytogo.gif

#109 cfosterstars

cfosterstars

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, Texas

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:07 PM

"I only ask that you give me credit if you learn something that I helped with and that you let others know where they can go for the same help. Spread the word. "

For sure!

And... What about putting this in a site like Hoffmann or Blurb? Then one user could order his own print.

What is Hoffman or Blurb? Never heard of them.

#110 H-Alfa

H-Alfa

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:11 PM

An online service to make photo albums, but can be used to print anything you want.

https://www.blurb.com/?redirect=true

One uploads the document to the site and order a book, then the book remains uploaded and others can order additional copies of it.

Enviado desde mi MI 5X mediante Tapatalk

Edited by H-Alfa, 15 October 2019 - 04:18 PM.

#111 deepanshu29

deepanshu29

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:43 PM

I only ask that you give me credit if you learn something that I helped with and that you let others know where they can go for the same help. Spread the word. smile.gif

Absolutely. This is really some hard work that you have put into making this book. 

If you like, I can help out on organizing the book, TOC, dividing chapters or putting labels under the figures. I know my way around both, Pages as well as MS Word. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics