EAA FORUM RULES
1) This forum is for the discussion of observing - and related images captured - with Electronically Assisted Astronomy (EAA) equipment. Also, the discussion of the EAA hardware and software, and how to use it for various applications such as outreach events.
2) Electronically Assisted Astronomy (EAA) is the use of a digital image capturing device replacing or augmenting the eyepiece for live viewing at the telescope.
3) Images of any amount of total integration time are permitted here, whether for the purposes of augmenting your descriptions of your live viewing sessions, illustrating your EAA equipment's capabilities, or getting assistance with technical issues. However, post-processing of these images is not allowed under any circumstances.
4) Posts with images must include total integration time and the software/process used for the “live” capture in their text. Those that do not conform will be removed without notice. Additional information to illustrate your techniques and equipment used, to assist other members, is encouraged and appreciated.
5) Tell the viewers the name or catalog number of the object(s) of interest in each image.
Other Useful Information:
Live Broadcast Announcement Thread: Because EAA Observing can be done using the screen of a computing device it is possible to broadcast
We thank you for your attention to these matters. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact an EAA Forum moderator or Cloudy Nights administrator.
Latest revision effective midnight March 8, 2019.