•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron C90 Registry

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 Masvingo

Masvingo

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Ayrshire, Scotland

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:37 PM

Hi all!

I read somewhere that the C90 telephoto lenses are black and either 500mm or 1000mm focal length. Anyone know if this is correct?

I think that generally the telephoto versions were black although there are a couple of early ones on the registry that are orange. 

The first telephoto was essentially the same OTA as the spotter and astro and had the same specs being f/11 with a focal length of 1,000mm.  A finderscope was added to make the spotter version and a single arm fork mount was added to the spotter to make the astro version.

Later on in production, there was also a f/5.6 version with a 500mm focal length.  There are 4 f/5.6 versions on the Registry, all have a black OTA.

#102 houndsbourgh

houndsbourgh

Vostok 1

• Loc: Hailey, Idaho

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

Thanks houndsbourgh, I've updated the entry for #919048.  I note your other C90 serial number is quite close, did you specifically look for one with a similar number or was it just chance?

I just like that particular incarnation of the C90. Seems the ribbed focuser on a gold band in black was short lived.

Edited by houndsbourgh, 29 March 2020 - 03:44 PM.

• Masvingo likes this

#103 ANM

ANM

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: El Paso, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol system, Orion-Cygnus arm, Milkyway

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:56 PM

hI all,

I recently acquired an orange C90 telescope OTA s/n 902563 and I'd like to get it added to the registry if possible. There is a number etched into the edge of the corrector but all I can see is two digits, either 18 or 81 depending on whether I stand on my head or not. I've attached a photo of it here:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1285.jpeg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics