•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron C90 Registry

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#151 dannyleo

dannyleo

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 26 December 2020 - 08:50 PM

THANKS ANM!  Appreciate your quick help.

#152 RSX11M+

RSX11M+

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 10 January 2021 - 03:39 AM

Thank you for your submission.

dannyleo - I have seen C90s with baffle issues repaired, some are chronicled in CN forums. The disconnected secondary baffle in your images (that's what it appears to be) can be re-attached. You need to get advice on the type of glue. Be sure to avoid Cyanoacrylate (aka: "crazy glue")  as they will give off vapors while curing which damage optics and mirrors.

I agree with ANM that the most likely cause of the damage to the primary baffle would be solar induced, though I've not personally seen that before.

I cannot imagine getting help from Celestron on this, but it's always worth a call to get advice.

These are not too difficult to disassemble, clean and put together, so don't be discouraged. 

The new Registry with these additions is offered in JPG and PDF.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics