•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron C90 Registry

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#176 grezes71

grezes71

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 May 2021 - 11:02 PM

I believe it is the Spotter model.  It has a mounting foot. Unfortunately the original finder scope is lost but indeed the finder mount remains. 

• RSX11M+ likes this

#177 RSX11M+

RSX11M+

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:33 AM

Sometimes it is necessary to collect reference material for processing of the Registry. With most Celestron equipment this material is readily available. However, it sometimes happens that documents for very early versions or unique specimens is lost or missing from the internet. 

I'd like to make an appeal for a copy of this or any other Operating Manual for a 500mm C90 f/5.6 - we only know of Telephoto examples at this point.

C90-f5.6_OM_cover.jpg

We have images of the brochure and some catalog pages, but not the 500mm Manual itself.

I have scoured my usual sources, and come up empty.  In fact, some old links for such things have recently gone dead. If you know where one can be obtained or a scanned version downloaded - please post, or contact me privately.

Thank You -

#178 Kasmos

Kasmos

Soyuz

• Loc: So Cal

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:04 PM

Later Celestron Catalog images sometimes show Astro models with a Tripod mounting Foot on the scope cell, but we usually discount such photos as authoritative since early marketing prototypes can be misrepresentative of such details.

The Astro models always have a tripod mounting foot (at least the Oranger ones did). Removing the tube from the Astro mount for use on a standard tripod is covered in the instruction manual.

#179 RSX11M+

RSX11M+

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:12 PM

The Astro models always have a tripod mounting foot (at least the Oranger ones did). Removing the tube from the Astro mount for use on a standard tripod is covered in the instruction manual.

Thanks for that feedback and the reference. I need to collect documentation on these for those details, but your personal testimony is more valuable.

Thank You 

#180 SteveStreeter

SteveStreeter

Lift Off

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:42 PM

I just picked up a c90...Orange tube...serial 9965...

#181 RSX11M+

RSX11M+

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:17 AM

I just picked up a c90...Orange tube...serial 9965...

The best estimate for a production date would be "Prior to Q3 1977". We're still piecing together the history of these.

Thanks for your entry, it will be added to the next Registry issue.

Edited by RSX11M+, 08 June 2021 - 02:20 AM.

• SteveStreeter likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics