•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion Atlas Spare Parts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisWhite

ChrisWhite

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Colchester, VT

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Anyone know where I can purchase spare parts other than from Orion?  (I have contacted their support but it's been a few days now and all they say is that they need to get a reply from "purchasing" to confirm if they can order me parts).  Strange, I would have expected them to have some in stock.  I did buy the mount new from them in 2015.

I recently discovered with PEMPRO that I have a strange 3.9x fundamental oscillation in RA.  Banging this around in the PEMPRO forums it has been suggested by Ray and others that I likely have a bent axel on the motor.  This fits as that small drive gear is 12 tooth and spur gear is 47 tooth.. hence 3.9x. 

I performed a belt mod and hypertune a few weeks ago to see if it would help, and I have GREATLY improved my DEC guiding, but I'm still dealing with that oscillating PE.  In the belt mod, that drive gear was replaced, so that suggests the axle is the real problem.   I have not checked yet to see if that axle is removable, but if not I can replace the entire motor.   So... just need to find parts if Orion doesn't come through.

Thanks,

#2 macdonjh

macdonjh

Gemini

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

SkyWatcher may be willing to sell you EQ-6 parts.  KW Telescopes in Canada?  Something like that.

#3 ChrisWhite

ChrisWhite

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Colchester, VT

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

Thanks mac.  I emailed them.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics