•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

steiner 7x50 marine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 foot

foot

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

I get the chance to use steiner 7x50 marine binocular with 70 dollars!

Is it useful bino for star gazing?

I like their build quality thus I wanna try it.

#2 petert913

petert913

Skylab

• Loc: Silverton, OR

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

These nitrogen-filled binoculars sell for $220 USD normally.  So $70 is a great price.   I don't think you can lose. 

The specs look good, too. 

Moderate 7x magnification
Large 50mm objective lenses
Traditional Porro prism optical path provides a rich depth of field versus similar roof prisms
Proprietary floating prism system uses flexible silicone mount to absorb severe shocks and impacts to limit or eliminate damage
356' field of view at 1000 yards
Exceptionally wide 7.1mm exit pupil ensures complete pupil coverage when fully-dilated in low-light to eliminate vignetting
Long 20mm eye relief

Edited by petert913, 15 June 2018 - 09:30 AM.

• Foss and Crusty99 like this

#3 Foss

Foss

Viking 1

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

Great all around binocular that will serve you well for star gazing. ( I own four Steiners including the 7x50 Marine model).

#4 rogan

rogan

Viking 1

• Loc: Georgia, USA

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

My 7x50 Marine are keepers. I wouldn’t part with them. Not everyone likes independent focus but for stars you are at infinity anyway. Nice sharp pinpoint stars with a pretty wide field. The Steiners are on the large side, almost cartoonishly so, but it has never hampered my use. My 10x50 Police are also quite nice.

#5 ov1vas

ov1vas

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Country: Venezuela - City: Caracas

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:41 PM

Hello guys.
I just bought for $ 50 an old Steiner 7x50 EB bino (green color).
It has details in the rubber-armored but it is perfectly in optics and lenses.

The model is named in different ways:
Steiner 7x50 EB
Steiner Commander 7x50 EB with illuminated compass and integrated reticle (or reticule).

This Steiner 7x50 EB binocular has a serial # 39156, I estimate it is from the year 1979 onwards

I can't get the specs for how old it is.

I want to know the year of manufacture of this Binocular?
What is the exact Feet @ 1000Yard?
What is the exact FOV and AFOV of this Binocular?
What type of lens coating does the Binocular have according to the year of manufacture?

Someone who knows the story can help me obtain this information.

Thank you all

#6 ov1vas

ov1vas

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Country: Venezuela - City: Caracas

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:58 AM

Good morning everyone.
I am writing to you because I need your help on this Steiner 7x50 brand binocular:

https://www.army-sto...ernglas-BW-used

A few months ago I already bought a Steiner Comarder 7x50 with compass and reticule (year 1991).
The compass is damaged and it is not suitable for South America, but the lens is in perfect condition, its visual lens is very clear, bright and sharp, you can see many details in great depth:

https://www.army-sto...ander 7x50[12]"

Now I'm seeing on Ebay in my country (MercadoLibre) that they are selling another Steiner 7x50 model but I can't get any information about this model:
https://www.army-sto...ernglas-BW-used

What do I want to know:

What was the year of manufacture of this model?
Is there a difference in the optics and coatings of this model and the 1991 Comander?
Can it have better or equal lenses than the Comander 7x50 that I already have?

Please know the history or qualifications of this Steiner model, I will appreciate your information.

#7 astronomus1930

astronomus1930

Sputnik

Posted 28 October 2020 - 08:56 PM

I had a 7x50 marine a few years back and was told by Steiner customer service that the lens coating was intended for use with a blue background. It didn't bother me but if your eyes are sensitive to stellar colors, you might have an issue. Otherwise, they are delightful

to use- super sharp and feel good in your hands!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics