•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What to do on a scorcher of a day?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 terraclarke

terraclarke

Hubble

• Loc: Zinzinnati

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:35 PM

I did that! Retired and then within a year went back to the work, but the second time I retired it was for good. Been retired six years now and after a bit of an adjustment I’ve been loving it! I’m happy to never have to work again! No more dealing with someone else’s BS!

• Paul Hyndman, John Rogers, steve t and 2 others like this

#27 Unknownastron

Unknownastron

Viking 1

• Loc: CatsEye Observatory,Rural Southern Oklahoma

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:00 PM

I stay inside under AC.  Do housework.  Work a little on preparing observing programs in case it gets clear.

Here in very southern Oklahoma it is the heat index which kills.  The temperature is only 93 but heat index is

an even 100.  Usually at this time of the year it dries up.  The long term pattern was rain right about the 4th of 

July then one or two rains between than and the middle of September.  Last year the hot, dry pattern did not

set in and summer observing was very limited.  I fear the same this year.

I used to like the heat.  I could acclimate to gradually over about 2 weeks then work right out in it.  That was when

the water pump circulated the coolant fast enough.  Now, the pump is not that efficient and I have had to learn to

adjust my limits.

Clear skies and clean glass,

Mike 

• steve t and terraclarke like this

#28 TinPusher

TinPusher

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:27 AM

At least the high heat, still air, and increased humidity tend to make for good seeing here in St. Louis! I just gotta use the fan on my mirror or it will dew up going into the moist warm air from my cool, dry house.

• steve t and Bomber Bob like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics