I has been nearly one year since the last time I use my 300 mm solar telescope.
Last Saturday morning, the conditions were not very promising. The wind came from North-West, which usually is not good for the seeing. Furthemore the sky was coronal, which is not good either. On top of that there was not a single spot or even a small pore in view.
Having re-collimated the scope during the previous night, I decided to give it a try anyway just to check out my collimation on the Sun.
I started with a red filter (656 nm), then switch to a green filter (540 nm), to a blue/green filter (500 nm) and finally to the 430 nm (G band filter).
This sequence shows the increase of contrast and resolution when going from red to blue light.
Here are the images.
Red light (656 nm), the contrast is rather low :
Green light (540 nm), the contrast is much better :
Green/blue light filter (500 nm). This is usually the optimum filter for my observing site :
G band (430 nm). This filter bring us in a different world, with intergranular bright spots and filigrees becoming visible :