•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

FireCapture Debayering

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 roelb

roelb

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Belgium, Antwerp

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

I have a strange behavior with FC.

When recording with debayer off, the bayered capture color looks "pink".

Didn't have with previously sessions and it happens not always.

First x captures look good and suddenly the problem arises.

Is their somebody who experienced a similar behavior?

Thanks in advance.

#2 TorstenEdelmann

TorstenEdelmann

Viking 1

• Loc: Landsberg, Germany

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:29 PM

Roel,

One explanation would be that maybe for unknown reason the ROI offset position is shifted by on pixel in x or y so the recording is not bayer-safe anymore meaning you'd need to use another than your standard debayer pattern during stacking. FC tries to keep your ROI bayer-safe on all operations (moving, resizing etc.) but given the fact how buggy this piece of software is I wouldn't bet my life on it wink.gif  If I remember correctly the ROI offset is written to the log so maybe it's worth checking your capture logfiles for ROI x/y offsets not multiple of 2. You can send them via PM or email if you like and I'll have a look.

Torsten

• dan777, RedLionNJ and roelb like this

#3 TorstenEdelmann

TorstenEdelmann

Viking 1

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:02 AM

Roel,

I checked your logs and ROI offset looks good from what I can tell. I don't see and odd-numbered x/y positions. Another point to mention: if the color looks wrong in AutoStakkert go to the color menu and choose one of the "Force..." entries until the color looks ok in the frame view. Depending on data the "Automatic" bayer detection in AS could be wrong so you need to select the correct bayer pattern yourself in the color menu. If you ever have the case that you need to select 2 different bayer patterns for the same camera when stacking your data than FC propably shifted the ROI offset wrongly. If you (or others) can reproduce this I'd be interested in getting the instruction so I can fix. So far this never happened to me.

Torsten

#4 roelb

roelb

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:16 AM

I did the forced debayering in AutoStakkert. For one capture GBRG, for another capture GRBG was needed.

#5 roelb

roelb

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:19 AM

Oh, both captured with same ASI224MC.

#6 TorstenEdelmann

TorstenEdelmann

Viking 1

Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:24 AM

I did the forced debayering in AutoStakkert. For one capture GBRG, for another capture GRBG was needed.

Sorry no explanation so far. If you ever know how this happens in FC let me know.

Torsten

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics