As I typically do with all of my mounts, I hooked up PEMPro to the MyT to see how it would perform. Thankfully Tolga assisted me with setting the mesh on the mount correctly, and I think that work really paid off. Likewise, Ken sat on the phone and helped me understand the alignment methods and some of the other crazy moments of SkyX. I am very grateful for both of their contributions to my usage of the product. Thank you, Tolga and thank you Ken!
Some folks here were not sure how well PEMPro would correct Periodic Error on a Paramount, and I am pleased to tell you all that it will correct it just fine and dandy, while not as well as it can on AP mounts. I used a combination of PEMPro and the Accurate Polar Alignment tool in the Bisque software to get the mount aligned very well. Drift in the PEMPro PEC data was quite minimal. I ran 8 worm cycles of data for capture, and 5 worm cycles of data for validation - pretty much status quo for me and PEMPro. Before anyone asks, ProTrack was NOT enabled at all through data collection.
Right at 5" of error, which is better than the 7" spec they advertise. There are no "known fundamentals" for the MyT, but I found a post on the PEMPro forums that suggested (by Ray) F1, F2, and F3 be used for these mounts. Quadratic fitting was the lowest RMS with these enabled as well, so that is how I built the curve. The others were pretty close in terms of error and RMS though, so I dont think it really matters much. No inversion was required.
What does matter, is the validation run. With PEM enabled on a 5 cycle validation run, here is the correction value:
So in the end that is a pretty good change in terms of error. I have yet to use the built in PEC tool, but this looks to be pretty good to me!